Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I recently had my car serviced. Nothing major. No real problems. (Brakes, tune-up, a couple lights replaced, muffler, .. all needed for inspection) Here's what's going on now though. Cut to a month later. The rear right brake light won't work, and some of the instrument panel lights are flashing - almost looks like a surge. (The PRNDL Panel, the cigarette ashtray light) I checked the bulbs for the brake lights, even changed them to make sure, and still just that one won't work. I checked the fuses and all are fine. I can't help but think that the panal lights are connected somehow to this brake light not working properly since they happened at the same time. And this dramaticaly increases when I'm braking. Sometimes it even seems like the motor could cut out. What's going on and how do I fix this?

·
Registered
750 Posts
It sounds like an intermittent short between the brake and park light wiring, caused by an open in the brake line.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
check your trunk. there's 3 wires there going to the brake, parking and reverse lights. i've had mine cut by mechanism that's used to hold the trunk open. cause toyota put the wires so close to it. i don't know what it's called but you know what i mean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts