1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is 1990, engine is the AFE ( 1.6L) dohc, automatic
i recently overhauled my engine to a much newer one, installed an air intake
and for some reason i still get about 9-10L/100kms for gas milage
I also noticed the smell of GAS(fuel) when i get out of the car, and sometimes in side the car, when i turn on the heater it also smells like gas a little, also there is a very small amount of liquid undenearth where i park all the time, i confirmed its not oil for sure, but seems like dirty water or something in the same spot always when i park, it is right below the very left cylinder and the the power steering container.

The car runs great, there are no other problem exept it tends to shake sometimes at a complete stop (when i'm at a red light or at a stop), but i think thats the transmission due to the car's age

I've gotten responses such as:
One of my injectors is leaking (smell of gasoline)
Catalytic system is clogged

Any opinions??

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
If you're finding puddles under your car then maybe the gas tank or a gas line is leaking, this would explain the smell of gas AND the puddles. :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're finding puddles under your car then maybe the gas tank or a gas line is leaking, this would explain the smell of gas AND the puddles. :eek:
The little puddle is in front of the car (between the very left cylinder and power steering container) ( towards the left of the car) and I think the fuel tank is where the passanger seat is on the right side

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have not smelled the puddle yet, no smell is coming from the engine bay at all.
Im very sure it's one of the following lol

Need a new fuel filter
(engine flooded) ( injectors need to re adjusted to normal spray)
leaking injector

I will let you guys know if i figure it out, if not i will have to deal with the 10/100 kms

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.