Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the van has central locking...the 2 front doors and the sliding door central locking is fine...but when you lock the doors the rear door unlocks...when you unlock the doors the rear door locks...

what i want to do is have the rear door lock and unlock with the rest of the doors

so yeah when i park the van i have to central lock the doors....and go to the rear door and turn the key to lock it...really annoying

anyone know what the problem is? we bought the car back in 94...i think something is reversed...so can someone tell me what to look for when i open the door?

yeah also the front washers don't work anymore...it makes the 'noise' but no water comes out...but the rear window washer still works, except the rear wiper doesn't work :|

so how do i get access to the front washers?

·
Registered
'20 gray crewcab 4x4; sold '09 access cab 4x4, '94 T100 4x4, '85 4x4, '82 2x4 pickup
490 Posts
The electrical schematic diagrams I have looked at show an assembly in the door with 4 wires. Two go to a switch which indicates whether the door is locked. The other two go to a motor which locks and unlocks the door. The polarity of the voltage determines whether the lock will be engaged or disengaged. Your symptoms indicate the leads to the motor are swapped. All you have to do is exchange them. Should be a quick and inexpensive fix.

As for your washers--I had that problem a few years ago and it turned out that the nozzles were plugged by the minerals in the water that I had been using. If that is your problem, you might be able to clear them with a needle.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the help dude.

i got the washers working okay...and yeah the central locking working correctly too...i only saw external 2 wires...brown and black/blue? they were connected the same colour anyway...i switched the wires and it works...

now for the rear wiper motor...anything i should know when taking it out? and how much for one if its really broken?:confused:

can't seem to get the motor to work...better have some 'motor' person look at it for me...and probably get a 2nd hand one :|

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also how do i take out the whole panel? i want to try and change the head unit...i have a 2003 gen5 camry...i got a new head unit a few weeks ago and the stock double din cd player is just sitting in the cupboard...

the van seems to have space for the head unit. it has a cheap cassette tape single din and a pocket underneath like the setup i have in my camry now.

they are both toyotas and i used a head unit guide to help me wire everything...would my van and camrys plugs be the same? the guide said toyotas from 1987

i don't know how the van's deck was installed...hope they did not cut out the factory plug cause i think it should plug straight into my camrys cd player?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts