Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I'm looking into buying a pickup truck and i saw a 1990 Toyota Pickup, it got the v6 auto 4x4. Now from what i can see it doesn't have any rust the paint job is a little faded but i mean with a nice wash and buff it would look pretty good. The interior is clean and everthing seems in good shape. Now the only problem with it is that it has 175,000 miles on it. I am looking for a truck that I can off road and i can have fun, its got to be under $3000. So I'm looking at other toyota trucks but I just wanted to ask a few questions about it and anything that I should look for.

·
Registered
245 Posts
175,000 is not a problem, 475,000 then you have to think about it a little.

Oh yeah, the v6 head gasket business. You might look and see if it has had the head gasket redone. 22re (4 cylinder) has a bigger fan base.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i checked the specs on it and its suppose to have 150 hp and 180 torque which isn't all that much but i'm not really looking so much for speed but more for the ability to go off roading. My parents have a 1996 Ford Ranger and it has a 3.0 and its got about the same specs but its 5 speed and i have fun in that all the same.

oh and the recall for the head gaskets. Can you tell me if my truck would qualify or no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts