Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Camry 5 Speed
10 Posts
Hey all. My name is Mike. I'm 19, from Florida, MESA Certified Audio and Security installer; Graduated from Installer Institute in Daytona, FL
I drive a 91 Camry 5 speed with a 3sfe, Current mileage; 307,000 . I got the car july 5th of 2013 with 270,000 miles and i havent stopped driving the hell out of it since. I've been a car nut since i was a child and my father has been a platinum ase tech for about 25+ years; Which naturally inspired my love for cars and things that go fast. I'm not a professional but i do have a little bit of experience with a few different vehicles, and have done a few extensive repairs on my own vehicles. I've owned a few since i was 16: 93 accord, 94 civic, 1990 plymouth laser(total crap), 2005 mazda 3 (totaled by an insuranceless deadbeat who's cell phone is more important than anyone's safety) And now my pride and joy... My 91 Camry.
Back to the reason i'm here.;
Ive been coming on this site for months just to read and look at other setups and troubleshooting; etc.. but now i'm getting into a project and i wanna get some help and feedback.
I just recently obtained a 5sfe motor with 45000 miles and all of the harnasses, ecu, and a bunch of other goodies from a 93 celica which i'm told bolts right in, for $500. I'm driving up to south carolina to do the swap in a couple weeks.
I have some ideas of what i want to do with the 5sfe but i need someone who's had experience with the 5sfe to help me out. I want to do something for more power. I'm not looking for crazy numbers, But i'd like to eventually go with a turbo, somewhere in the range of 7-9psi.. but as of right now that's just a recurring dream. That being said; Any tips? Also, let me know what ya think.:thanks::D

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,292 Posts
Hello, Mike, welcome aboard the forums!

BTW, I fixed your photo links so they would display properly. Make sure to click the Insert Image button and not the Insert Link button, and that will allow the pictures to display properly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1991 Camry 5 Speed
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, Mike, welcome aboard the forums!

BTW, I fixed your photo links so they would display properly. Make sure to click the Insert Image button and not the Insert Link button, and that will allow the pictures to display properly. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the photo fix. Still figuring things out on the mobile page.
Project update; heading to South Carolina from Florida this week to swap in the 5sfe.
Got a lotta work to do and I'm gonna start a new thread for pics of the build. Follow along if you wish!
-mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.