Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!

What's the Canadian Black Book value for a 1991 Corolla LE with 4 speed AUTO, 4A-FE motor, AIR, ABS, Power locks,Power windows, Power mirrors, Cruise. Loaded. with 250,000kms.

Thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking at buying one.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Remember though.. whatever the black book value is, does not neccessarily imply that's what the price of the car will be. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw an ad for 1991 Corolla LE for $2,900.00 CAD
I'm still gonna think about it though. The car is pretty much fully loaded. it has 250,000km
Picture of the car below.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like a pretty clean one...a person could do alot worse for @US $2,000. These things run forever, and if a person is looking for inexpensive, reliable transportation this looks like a good bet. Dealers ask these seemingly high prices for squeaky-clean used Corollas because they know the reputation of these little cars speaks for itself. If it has been well maintained, then I would put this particular car up against a new Hyundai in a reliability contest anytime (even WITH 250K). Don't laugh...he may just get what he is asking for it! Regards, Aaron

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cobrajet25 said:
Looks like a pretty clean one...a person could do alot worse for @US $2,000. These things run forever, and if a person is looking for inexpensive, reliable transportation this looks like a good bet. Dealers ask these seemingly high prices for squeaky-clean used Corollas because they know the reputation of these little cars speaks for itself. If it has been well maintained, then I would put this particular car up against a new Hyundai in a reliability contest anytime (even WITH 250K). Don't laugh...he may just get what he is asking for it! Regards, Aaron
Thanks dude. Yeah I had the 89 and also the 97. I love corollas, never had any problems with them. Ended up selling them because I didn't need a car anymore. I might get this one because I need a ride and don't want to spend too much money.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
that car kinda looks repainted to me...colour matched mouldings and mirrors....make sure it hasn't been in a serious accident to warrant the new paint job.....get the car on a hoist and check underneath and see how the frame is....but it does look pretty clean....offer 2gs and see what happens from there...

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
For real.. it looks repainted.. my buddy's original paint 91 LSX Sedan has black mouldings and black mirrors.. and at 180,000 km looks very mint. :thumbup: :)

I'd say offer him $2000 too.. chances are they haven't done much to cert and e-test it.. used car dealers often do that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi,

Your question is "What's the Canadian Black Book value for a 1991 Corolla LE?"

Answer for that is Canadian Black Book do NOT go that far back!

Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
REN69 said:
For real.. it looks repainted.. my buddy's original paint 91 LSX Sedan has black mouldings and black mirrors.. and at 180,000 km looks very mint. :thumbup: :)

I'd say offer him $2000 too.. chances are they haven't done much to cert and e-test it.. used car dealers often do that.
The 1991 and 1992 LE's comes with color matched mouldings and mirrors and the strip on the molding and bumper is silver instead if chrome. But I'm still going to check if the car has been repainted because it looks too clean for a car that has 250,000kms on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts