Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the option to purchase a 1991 Nissan NX 5spd with 150k for a rather low price, just curious how dependable these cars are and if they would make a good auto-x car/ice racer.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
A little car like that having rear disc brakes (that stands out to me when I see them) implies sporting intentions (as with the AE92 GT-S). Test it out :)

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so inotherwords, if it runs fine and handles fine stock, it should be good for some auto-x or some ice racing with a little bit of mods? Hows aftermarket support for these things? having a hard time finding performance parts.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Think 3S-GE... only more support in general?

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
yeah SR20DET swap would make it very nice :)

as far as an LSD, i would say prolly not, but i could be wrong...maybe you could ask on a nissan forum there might be some owners there that could give you some info & insight about the car :)

Keri

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok this is the info i found out....the nx2000 comes with the sr20de (140hp 120ftlbs) and a lsd, but to buy one of those im looking at aprox $4000+ca. this has the gt16(i think) and has aprox the same specs as the 1.5vvti(110hp 108ftlbs).

I hate this everytime i find a car that could possibly become a fun car to totally screw with, i get my head filled with all of this granjour(sp?) and never get it off the ground. lol

·
nice guy
191 Posts
get it man.....SR20DET..then no one can say you won't be original

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont really ever get accused of not being origional lol. I'm just lookign for a fun car to go auto-x and ice racing with, but im afraid that 110hp isnt going to be enough, and that a sr20de swap would be rather costly.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I would buy it since it's something different, but then too you don't wanna buy a lemon.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:hammer: Ratko - I hate civics, not because they are a Honda....just because I dont like them, they are ugly, and everyone has one. I think i'll buy it and even if it does blow up, i'll be able to part it out for more than i bought it for.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
SR20DE owns but...

Why am I left wondering why a nissan nx is being discussed on a Toyota forum instead of a nissan forum???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts