Toyota Nation Forum banner

1991 Nissan NX Q's?

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Mike Kamm 
#1 ·
I have the option to purchase a 1991 Nissan NX 5spd with 150k for a rather low price, just curious how dependable these cars are and if they would make a good auto-x car/ice racer.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
A little car like that having rear disc brakes (that stands out to me when I see them) implies sporting intentions (as with the AE92 GT-S). Test it out :)

#11 ·
yeah SR20DET swap would make it very nice :)

as far as an LSD, i would say prolly not, but i could be wrong...maybe you could ask on a nissan forum there might be some owners there that could give you some info & insight about the car :)

Keri

#12 ·
ok this is the info i found out....the nx2000 comes with the sr20de (140hp 120ftlbs) and a lsd, but to buy one of those im looking at aprox $4000+ca. this has the gt16(i think) and has aprox the same specs as the 1.5vvti(110hp 108ftlbs).

I hate this everytime i find a car that could possibly become a fun car to totally screw with, i get my head filled with all of this granjour(sp?) and never get it off the ground. lol

#13 ·
get it man.....SR20DET..then no one can say you won't be original

#18 ·
:hammer: Ratko - I hate civics, not because they are a Honda....just because I dont like them, they are ugly, and everyone has one. I think i'll buy it and even if it does blow up, i'll be able to part it out for more than i bought it for.

#21 ·
Toysrme said:
SR20DE owns but...

Why am I left wondering why a nissan nx is being discussed on a Toyota forum instead of a nissan forum???
Cause this is 'general discussion'... anything about any vehicle. Kinda like OT about cars.

It reads... "General Discussion - General discussion of basically anything automotive-related."

#23 ·
If its the NX2000, then hell yeah, ive driven a few Sentra SE-R's with the same SR20DE engine, and they are fun.

The engine revs very high and fast, the suspension is good and grippy, yet perfectly comfortable enough for daily driving. Good gas milage, and plenty of support.

You dont even need to swap for the DET, you can get the exhaust manifold and turbo off of a Pulsar GTI and that will bolt directly on to the DE without problems.

I can only imagine a NX2000 would be very similar, but maybe faster due to the size, compare to a Sentra SE-r

I wouldnt do it though if its the 1600, way underpowered.

If you do get it, one caution, basic mantiance parts are rather expensive and are a hastle to find. Most of the time you cant even find an oil filter except at the dealership.

Nissan SR20DE :thumbup

Id love a DE powered Sentra or maybe even an NX, very cool cars. lots of fun to drive.

#24 ·
Stevethecleric said:

If you do get it, one caution, basic mantiance parts are rather expensive and are a hastle to find. Most of the time you cant even find an oil filter except at the dealership.
Hi guys,
Sorry but this isn't true. Parts for a Sentra or NX1600 are as cheap as they are for any common car. Oil filters can be bought a WalMart for $3.00.

....And they do make good ice racers. :D

#25 · (Edited)
^NX1600 isnt the same car as the NX2000

and how many parts for the SR20DE have you bought? and how many have you worked on?

Why would you go and flame someone on your first post? and not even be right about it?!

The NX1600 Shares the same engine as the standard Sentra models. Its a 1.6liter 110hp 4 cylder.

The NX2000 (which we are talking about) shares the same engine with the Sentra SE-R and the Infinity G20. That engine is a 2.0liter 140hp 4cly.

The NX2000 shares its parts with the rare SE-R, the NX1600 shares its parts with the crappy common Sentra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.