Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can any one help me with a problem. I have a 1991 toyota camry coupe wwwks ago my brake lights and tail went out and all flashlights and turnsignal lights stop working ,my head lights still worked though. After some research I changed the yellow box in the trunk (lamp failure sensor)and all lights started working again except dashlights ...now my tail lights are out
but brake lights work. Also my turn signal flashes on both sides and lights up when I brake the pedal... I need help. Also can anyone tell me what this is I found out when cleaning out my trunk

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base
2,009 Posts
Does the car have a 3rd brake light? I'm not familar with your vehicle but years ago a third brake light was an aftermarket accessory. It required a 'logic circuit" to make it work properly and eliminate feedback. This could be a possibility. Hopefully an owner can inform you if they had factory 3rd brake lights or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the car have a 3rd brake light? I'm not familar with your vehicle but years ago a third brake light was an aftermarket accessory. It required a 'logic circuit" to make it work properly and eliminate feedback. This could be a possibility. Hopefully an owner can inform you if they had factory 3rd brake lights or not.
I'll check and see . Thank you so much! Are you saying there is a short circuit in the light itself

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,369 Posts
3rd brake light is factory.

Is the vehicle an "LE" model with the power antenna in that rear quarter panel?

Does the vehicle have trailer hitch, and if so, that looks like it might be the aftermarket wiring harness for the trailer lighting. That messed up box looks like it is aftermarket, and it looks like there are some taps off the tail light wiring in the second to last photo. Clean that stuff up and see what it is. You'll likely need to remove that and fix any blown fuses, etc.

-Charlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Does the vehicle have trailer hitch, and if so, that looks like it might be the aftermarket wiring harness for the trailer lighting. That messed up box looks like it is aftermarket, and it looks like there are some taps off the tail light wiring in the second to last photo. Clean that stuff up and see what it is. You'll likely need to remove that and fix any blown fuses, etc.

-Charlie
Thank you I'll check it out this weekend

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base
2,009 Posts

-Charlie
Thanks for the info, I didn't know but thought it a possibility. Agree that it looks like something aftermarket was installed, especially with all the t-taps in one of the pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts