Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4WD with ~200k miles on it is up for sale locally. I haven't looked at the car yet in person, but it looks quite nice in the photos. It's really quite a pretty car. I'm thinking of getting it, but I am wary of getting such an old car with so many miles. I understand 200k miles isn't necessarily a whole lot on a 4Runner, but I'm still wary.

Is there anything I should know about this year/gen of 4Runners with this many miles on it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Around here rust is the biggest thing. Without knowing where you are or where the truck has been it's hard to know if that will be a problem for you. Check it very carefully near the suspension pickups and along the inside of the frame rails. Also have a good look at the brake and fuel lines.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check and make sure all fluids have been properly taken care of. Common issues are the rear power window not going up, power steering reservoir leaking, make sure timing belt has been changed, should be changed every 60K miles. Check and see if steering rack was changed, it has a recall on it. Check all around for rust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts