Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've inherited a 1992 4Runner 3.0 EFL V6 manual from my mother. The AC compressor recently froze up and I need to replace it. But I also know I need to update the system to the new one. Can anyone help me with locating the type of compressor I need, and any other advice for replacing the needed things before I have a new system flushed and recharged with modern refrigerant. Thanks!

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
just replace the compressor with a new one. No special one is needed. The 134a conversion is mainly done with O rings and the oil in the system. I would go talk to the shop thats going to pull the vacuum and charge the system for you and they should tell you everything you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just replace the compressor with a new one. No special one is needed. The 134a conversion is mainly done with O rings and the oil in the system. I would go talk to the shop thats going to pull the vacuum and charge the system for you and they should tell you everything you need.

Awesome! Thank you. Yeah I've been having a hella of a time finding info on what exactly is needed for the conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
google ''converting ac from r12 to r134a toyota''

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Sid's right, the conversion is fairly simple, just find someone competent to do it.
I had it done on my 84.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Check with your local parts store or online for price and availability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts