Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as I explained in me/mine/mods, i have a 1992 camry with a few very simple mods.

But, I have a VISION for this camry.

Right now it has 120k Miles on it, the gaskets in the heads are worn slightly, yet its enough to produce a fart of bluish/gray smoke when i start it for the first time of the day. I decided to scrap the engine completely, going to replace it with the same engine, except I am going to try to get someone to bore it out a bit wider, so that I may use larger and higher compressing pistons. Also, I wanted to exchange all the stock engine internals for a new set of bulletproof forged steel internals, this way, the block will be able to handle the higher pressure on the engine, and when I finally get enough money for some kind of forced induction, may it be a supercharger, or an intercooled turbo set, the engine wont have any problem with handling it. I am pretty sure I am going to need a new forged crankshaft, but the guys here at MSC racing down in SoTex are telling me that the stock crank should work just fine, and that they are quite beefy *shrug* Also, I am wanting to get a new five speed manual tranny for it, because with the much higher horsepower engine, the tranny will just get ground into dust :p
I also plan to have a 65 shot N02 Kit from NOS, with twin bottles in the trunk, with all the neat nos stuff, like warmers and good looking dress up kits for the bottles/wires/switches etc.
Another problem I am going to run into I expect, will be that the stock fuel injectors aren't going to be able to make the horsepower I want, so I am going to replace the standard ones with some nice 550 CC/M ones. Also, I am going to change out the fuel pump, to a MUCH higher flowing one, (plus i need to replace my stock one anyway)
I also want to change out the throttle body so something larger as well, and also a custom cam from the guys at MSC racing. I am going to totally replace the suspension components, the current ones really arent that bad for a stock car, however, im getting a horrible amount of roll whenever i take a turn at more than 25 mph, which isnt cool at all :/
I am going to have single-caliper, cross drilled rotors all around, and plus i am going to change out the cv joints in the front to something a bit more beefy, also goin to replace the master brake cylinder with something better, not sure what yet. Also, I am thinking about replacing the current power steering to a custom racing rack and pinion kit, although i dont know if this is possible yet for this engine and car, so well just have to wait and see on that. The suspension arms/struts/joints/springs will all be replaced with a custom set from Eibach, and other modified parts for this car. I thought the lowered stance of the vehicle would give it a more aggressive look, along with a decent set of wide wheels and tires, but again i am going to see bout that. I am going to have the interior totally stripped out, and have the front two seats replaced with racing seats from Sparco, specifically their Speed edition seat, I chose this because these seats are SUPPOSED to be a bit wider than the standard Sparco seats, and since im a big fatass, Im going to need all the room i can get! :) Also, I am going to have some friends of mine here weld me a roll cage that attaches to the chassis of the camry, also which i planned to have strenthened in the front, and the rear. The interior is going to be custom painted, another thing I really cant decide on, is the color, I dont want to have something stupid looking, i want to be able to get into this car and feel comfortable, and have it look good

Also, going in is another kenwood cd player, along with another PD300 amplifier, and two 10" DB Drive competition speakers sitting in the trunk, sitting inside a custom box my friend is giving to me (nice guy eh?)
My last system got fucking stolen out of the back of my house, because i blew all my money on the system and not an alarm.. fucking haters >_>

Anyway, also, a decent alarm with SEVERAL actual speakers for the siren are going to be placed : 2 under the windshield wiper actuators, and 2 in the trunk! (hidden in the tiny bay to the left and right, where the jack should go :p)

Speaking of which, i almost forgot the body kit, i plan to buy the Erebuni #52 body kit, which should make my car look like this :

I am getting this body kit for two main reasons : 1. Its the only fucking body kit i can find for a 1992 2nd Gen Camry. 2. I am not going to pay this asshole down here $7500 dollars for a custom kit when I can just spend $1000 dollars for the front bumper/side skirts/rear bumper, WITH shipping already included. I am NOT going to have a spoiler on this after it's done. For one, I think spoilers are fucking useless, unless your in a REAL race car running 130 MPH constantly, which I wont be :p

I am going to have a friend of mine down here sandblast the panels and repaint them to the same jet black color Chevy uses on its Camaro SS, with three clear coats on it. I want a high gloss finish with a decent look, so I thought this would be the best way to go.

Hopefully, after I get done with this thing (which wont be for a good year or two) I am going to have the grocery-getter from hell!

If you guys have any questions, tips, or see problems with my future mods, please tell me :)

-Wish me luck!

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
um....there are a bunch of body kits for the *GEN 3* camry....which is what a 1992 camry is...not gen2 like you stated.

just google it man, there's a bunch out there.

and another thing, if your already pulling out the motor, and spending all that money, why not go 3sgte? do a search at the top of the page, much better option than what you have planned i do believe.

anyway, good luck...i guess...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for clarifying the gen for me cleric, i am new to modding, and also, isnt the 3sgte from a MR2 ?? Will that fit up to the mounts in a camry without alot of fabrication?

(and another reason im not getting a bigger/newer engine, is because i am getting fantastic deals and savings from people i know down here)

Also, I still like the way that kit looks, so i think ill go with that one :)

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,959 Posts
92camry_lamer said:
Thanks for clarifying the gen for me cleric, i am new to modding, and also, isnt the 3sgte from a MR2 ?? Will that fit up to the mounts in a camry without alot of fabrication...
3SGTE was in MR2 and Celica GT4 or All-trac. 3SGEs were also in Gen 2 Camry All-tracs. Its also part of the same engine family as your engine (5SFE) so it lines up, but you will need custom mounts and about $5000 to do that swap right. But you could also pull off hella HP and Torque with it, and parts availability is better/cheaper since MR2 has a huge aftermarket following.

(FYI, 5SFE was also used in Celicas and MR2s).

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
CamryMax said:
:wowza: actions speak louder than words.... :disappoin
be easy on the guy he's setting out a plan for himself. Its good thing, instead of jupming in blindly.

I would say that it seems like you have a good idea of waht you wanna do. One thing i would tell you to rethink is the higher Compression Ratio if you plan on going turbo at some point. Higer than stock CR and boost on a 5sfe is going to be difficult to tune properly. Another thing is your time frame. Instead of 1-2years its really going to take you 3-4 years. Unless you have $15,000 to spend on your car each year. Take your time and get it done right the first time. Otherwise good luck, and hopefully the process starts soon for you.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
kenratboy said:
Too much reading

Pics are pretty

:thumbup:
keep it small
both your post and your dreams for the cam.
i read for a little bit and that is it.
as for the camry i takes alot of time and money to do anything to a camry it isnt the easyit to find parts for(dont get me wrong i have a gen 3 and have done alot of work to it,but just dont think you can go out and buy parts and make it a 10sec car:thumbup:
good luck on everything you have planed. sound good

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I didn't read it, but I can assume the most of what you want to do and probably be right:)

Good luck with the project. And if you need any help along the way, we're all here:) So feel free to ask anything. And the search button does wonders to bring up info on old topics. I use it a lot:D

Welcome to TN:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.