Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I’m restoring my 93 Camry dx and I have got pretty far with it as far as finding parts. Only one thing that seems to stop me! The driver side armrest/ door pull. I can’t find it anywhere, I’ve tried any auto part place I can think of, junk yards have some 93 camrys but the ones I’ve found are not what I need. Anybody else have this problem? Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1991 Corolla DLX 4AFE, 1994 Camry LE 5SFE, 1995 Avalon XLS 1MZFE, 2004 Sienna XLE/LTD, 2011 Camry LE
1,267 Posts
Hello all,
I’m restoring my 93 Camry dx and I have got pretty far with it as far as finding parts. Only one thing that seems to stop me! The driver side armrest/ door pull. I can’t find it anywhere, I’ve tried any auto part place I can think of, junk yards have some 93 camrys but the ones I’ve found are not what I need. Anybody else have this problem? Any advise would be appreciated.
tell me exactly what you need. Why aren’t the ones you’re finding not what you need. Elaborate.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
2,646 Posts
Besides the two main armrests used on the Gen3 (besides color): with tweeter, without tweeter, there was also a "stripper" armrest used on the very base model. Perhaps that is what OP is looking for, and being rare might be real hard to find.

My advice, if the original armrest is no good, is replace the whole door trim assembly with one that has one of the other armrests on it.

Another suggestion is to buy one of the other armrests and see if it can be fitted to OPs original door trim. I know for a fact the other two types (with and without tweeter) are perfectly interchangeable, as I've had to do it in the past. All of the mounting holes are the same, and their outer mating shapes are the same.

Hopefully this information is helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Besides the two main armrests used on the Gen3 (besides color): with tweeter, without tweeter, there was also a "stripper" armrest used on the very base model. Perhaps that is what OP is looking for, and being rare might be real hard to find.

My advice, if the original armrest is no good, is replace the whole door trim assembly with one that has one of the other armrests on it.

Another suggestion is to buy one of the other armrests and see if it can be fitted to OPs original door trim. I know for a fact the other two types (with and without tweeter) are perfectly interchangeable, as I've had to do it in the past. All of the mounting holes are the same, and their outer mating shapes are the same.

Hopefully this information is helpful.
Hey thanks for the tip, I took a look and I don’t have a tweeter. Pretty much I look up the same year make and model get the arm rest and it doesn’t match with the holes in the door frame. I’ve gotten like three different armrest all from the same year make and model and each one is different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello all,
Hey y’all,
So I took a look at my car fax car has never been in a wreck. I figured out why it’s so rare, the Dx has manual windows and most of the other models has power this is where the confusion was getting me. And I looked at the part number for the armrest, I found it online and it’s been discontinued. So if any of y’all know someone with the same car I’d greatly appreciate it. Here’s the part number 7423406010B0. If not I may just jerry rig it and move on. :)
Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey y’all,
So I took a look at my car fax car has never been in a wreck. I figured out why it’s so rare, the Dx has manual windows and most of the other models has power this is where the confusion was getting me. And I looked at the part number for the armrest, I found it online and it’s been discontinued. So if any of y’all know someone with the same car I’d greatly appreciate it. Here’s the part number 7423406010B0. If not I may just jerry rig it and move on. :)
Thank you
Also I will be posting pictures later tonight!

·
Premium Member
1991 Corolla DLX 4AFE, 1994 Camry LE 5SFE, 1995 Avalon XLS 1MZFE, 2004 Sienna XLE/LTD, 2011 Camry LE
1,267 Posts
Where are you at? I have two salvage yard DX’s here in Kansas City, but they’re both 1996 models - check with parts interchangeable list from your dealer parts department using your VIN and see if these will work. Nationwide I see only 68 1993’s in the salvage yards and a tiny tiny fraction of them are 1993 DX’s lemme know if this can help, salvage yards here in the Midwest destroy their older (>90 days) cars daily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.