Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I have spark to the plugs and the coil be bad to where it won't fire the engine? I do have spark to my plugs but this Camry won't start. I have checked the fuel pump and circuit opening relay and both seem fine. Timing belt is new this month. Car won't start for love nor money. She will turn over nicely but won't hit a lick. No check engine light is burning.

Before she quit running entirely, I would warm her up and after 5 minutes she would start to cough and die if you didn't keep the rpms up. She would always start back up again seconds after she died. Now she's dead as a door nail and won't do squat except turn over.

Help, I don't want to go broke by taking her to the dealer to trace down the problem.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
Crank it a few times, then pull out the spark plugs and look into the chambers with a flashlight. Ensure the pistons look wet, that will tell you if are getting fuel. You obviously have air and spark.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again 5sfte:

Thanks for the tip on taking out the plugs to look for wet pistons. If I've got gas there, where should I go?

Rick

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter and cleaned the injectors. You may have fuel, but it may not be enough flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts