Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 94 Camry v6 just picked up and from a dead stop in drive it stays in 3rd gear very slow acceleration but if I got into 1st and shift to 2 and then 3rd the car drives and shifts perfectly until coming to a complete stop again and this have to repeat the process. Pulled code for shift selinoid a electrical malfunction. Now my main curiosity is if I can get all gears by manually shifting the selinoids are working right? Going to pull the electrical connections tomorrow and clean and inspect but can anyone sheds some insight on weather manually shifting and all gears working means the selinoids are working?

·
Various Toyotas
4,263 Posts
Have you taken a look at the screen filter and condition of the fluid? It's amazing what a clean filter screen and clean fluid can do.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
253 Posts
Manually shifting does NOT involve the solenoids. It bypasses them through the valve body.
It won't help, but I have had this problem on two 5SFEs with the A140E. It was the harness that had fallen onto the EGR and burnt the wire that goes to one of the solenoids. Check that you have continuity from the ECM to the shift solenoids. You will need a wiring diagram to identify the wires, and you MUST disconnect from the ECM to obviate any damage from stray electrical currents.

This may not be the problem, but it was with my two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts