Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..first time on here..I bought the car a couple weeks ago.It has the 1.6 engine 3spd auto in it... put about 800 miles on it ran like new until yesterday..front wheels locked up on me while driving and a truck behind me scraped the back bumper trying to move out of my way...anyway the car would not move..even out of gear...couple minutes later I was able to drive it to the side of the road..called a tow truck and towed it home....In the morning I started the car and it goes into drive and reverse instantly when put into gear..put when you try to go....it moves but like I'm towing a house...lol...Too cold to really check it out right now.Live in upstate ny and the weather is kinda hampering me from working on it..Transmission fluid is clean it was serviced about 3000 miles ago..Anyone on here hear of a similar problem?I'm kinda leaning towards a trany rebuild.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check your brakes. Your brake fluid must be really old and absorbed a lot moisture and it's freezing your brake lines. When the weather gets alittle warmer, flush your brake system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts