Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stereo cables don’t match the wiring guides. It is the OEM radio. I tested the new radio to the car battery so I know it works and powers on, but no cables inside of the car match any diagrams online.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have no clue, I haven't cut off a wiring harness in 20 years. I've always used an adapter. For $15, it's so worth not having to figure out what goes where, and no chance of making a bad splice 10 years down the road.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That does not look stock. Factory harness will almost never have wires of same color on same connector. I'm guessing there's gonna be a splice somewhere up the line to the actual factory harness.
If all else fails, find the pairs of wires that are going to have ~4 ohm resistance - those are your speakers. You can use AA battery to the identified speaker wires to find which is which. 12v, ignition, and ground should be easy enough to find. The remaining 2 wires will be for power antenna.

Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have seen a harness like that before. Not in a Camry but still. You see the silver dots? On the car I was working on, one dot meant positive, two dots close to each other meant negative. This was on a 1986 Celica ST.

The green, red, 2 of the black, 2 of the white, and the brown would be your speakers. Blue would be the antenna wire. Yellow would be 12v constant. 1 white would be switched 12v. Black should be ground. Thats what it looks like to me. Which one is which exactly, I couldn't tell you. With a multimeter I could.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have seen a harness like that before. Not in a Camry but still. You see the silver dots? On the car I was working on, one dot meant positive, two dots close to each other meant negative. This was on a 1986 Celica ST.

The green, red, 2 of the black, 2 of the white, and the brown would be your speakers. Blue would be the antenna wire. Yellow would be 12v constant. 1 white would be switched 12v. Black should be ground. Thats what it looks like to me. Which one is which exactly, I couldn't tell you. With a multimeter I could.
Wow, I am saving this post for later, just in case. I have no idea how you knew that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
foxtherouge
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing