Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1995 Toyota Celica the crossmember was rusted out I'm looking for a crossmember sub frame part #51201-20300 if anyone knows the best way to get parts OEM or aftermarket I'm new to cars i just need these parts asap

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,266 Posts
Besides rolling the dice and buying from a overseas warehouse, saw them at a wholesaler in the UAE.
Since they're discontinued by Toyota it's salvage yard time.
car-part.com, might find one in a local yard.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
this blasted rust needs to be taught a lesson :mad:

Reactions: xcell1k

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
if the subframe fails on my old Corolla then i may need to head back to salt-free Texas panhandle

Fiberglass and black under-coating, you'll eventually forget all about it, honest!
that black under-coating can be sketchy!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I just bought a 1995 Toyota Celica the crossmember was rusted out I'm looking for a crossmember sub frame part #51201-20300 if anyone knows the best way to get parts OEM or aftermarket I'm new to cars i just need these parts asap
If it helps, your Celica ST, if it has the 7A-FE engine, is body code AT200. The same part number you stated is also on the Celica ST204 (which is the Celica with the 5S-FE in it). That would greatly increase your chances of finding a good one. I know the pick-n'-pull near me has several AT200's and ST204's in the lot. I don't think they would remove this subframe and ship it to you though. But as mentioned, www.car-part.com list salvage yards near you that you can see if they have such a car - and they may remove this subframe and sell it to you. Not all that easy to remove this particular suspension cross-member though.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
That part #. Came out with the front member, I was thinking of the rear member!
It says part discontinued. The one one for my Corolla is still available last I checked but pricey

Gesture Font Elbow Auto part Automotive exterior

How does it compare to same year Corolla that makes it more of challenge to remove?

Font Music Parallel Auto part Line art

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Bunch of stuff on it and attached to it!
So was my Corolla! It was fully removed by my nephew using hand wrenches, no power tools used, but it came off relatively easily for him and i, even with all the crusted bolt threads

I was just curious if any of the bolts into it are difficult to get at, maybe need special tools?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
How does it compare to same year Corolla that makes it more of challenge to remove?
If your question is related to my response ...... my response was more of "it will be a challenge for some who has to go out to a salvage yard and remove it". You can't always bring all the tools you will need out there. Not many ways to lift the car to safely get underneath it in a salvage yard either. And it is winter in Wisconsin here. That was my perspective.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Salvage yard would lift it with a fork lift and cut that out with a torch. Once it hit the ground a couple more cuts to remove the debri.
My local salvage yard that has these is a pick-n'-pull yard only. They wouldn't do what you stated - they remove engines, but that is about it. So my frame of reference was someone who had to do all the work themselves.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Reactions: sdspeed
1 - 18 of 18 Posts