Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just finished patching up exhaust(temporarily). Still had slight pulley sound. Tried a small spray of belt dressing, I know but it was just to test my hypothesis. It proved enlightening it ended up being the actual metal piece/ bearing that rotates the pulley mechanism. Couldn't believe how rusted the nut/ bolt were. Now it's much quieter. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Finally replaced the iacv and all my idle issues have been resolved. No more bogging down after stopping at a light or stop sign Yeah!! Anyway I also used furnace cement and a metal clamp on the flexible to reduce noise but while it's beneficial I know eventually it'll need to be replaced but for now it's a bit quieter and with the new iacv it runs great!!! Now if I can only stop the pulley noise completely. I thought it was the water pump bearing but after listening carefully I believe it's the bearing in the power steering unit. I'll just keep my eyes on it and see if the volume increases. You all helped me exponentially and I owe you all a debt of gratitude. I'll attempt to pay it forward😊

21 - 22 of 22 Posts