Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1995 Toyota Corolla and the key that came with it does not open the trunk, can someone please tell me where and how I can get a trunk key for the vehicle.

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,943 Posts
The master key opens all locks, the valet key opens everything except the trunk. (I believe you twist the master key the reverse way of 'open' and it locks the trunk to the valet key...and you can lock the seatbacks from the trunk to prevent them from opening, so this isn't as stupid as you'd initially think.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies. It seems that either the trunk doesn't have the original lock, the trunk lock is broken or I was given two subkeys. Neither of the keys that I was given will even fit into the lock. Both keys will only fit a small way into the lock before stopping.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
sounds like the lock is busted to me, or there's a broken key inside it; even if it wasn't the right lock it would still go all the way in, it just wouldn't turn. Locks rust inside and get seized up so it could be that also.

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
I would suggest dropping by a dealer and getting them to cut you a new master key as well. When I got my AE86 it came with a pair of valet keys and nothing else. I've got a few sets of masters now.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts