Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 T100 4x4 Xtra
7 Posts
Nice! How does it ride and handle compared to stock? I'm considering doing it to mine. Is it do difficult to put on? Did you need new shocks? Thanks for the video.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,859 Posts
Looks good! :D

Not sure you need to offset the LSPV bracket that much though. Should only be the difference between the front and rear. If you didn't put the front ball joint spacer in then the offset would be correct. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually like the ride better. Well the installation isn't to hard youll need to grind the area away for the ball joint spacer and get the old studs out of the ball joint i think thats the hardest part.
I recommend new ball joints on top makes it a lot easier. I didnt like the bolts for the spacer i went to tractor supply and got me grade 8 bolts, because the nut threaded out at the specified torque spec. The grade 8 stuff works great make sure to get the grade 8 washers also. In the rear the add a leaf wasn't bad at all i do recommend having new u-bolts even if yours dont look rusted or so they will be terrible to get out unless you have and impact and the chance of twisting the u-bolt it great.

The ride quality in the front stayed the same because i only put the spacer in and didnt mess with the torsion bars. The rear is a little stiffer but it feel smoother on the road its like the truck is not wabbly across the road. It will feel weird to drive when you put the lift on because your caster camber and toe will be way out. I recommend getting new inner and outer tie rod ends and the adjusting sleeves and intstalling them to in the mean while. It will save you money on the end because you won't have to get it aligned twice and the front end will be tighter and more accurate to adjust which makes your tires wear better and the ride be alot smoother. They recommend new shocks all the way around but I am running on all stock shocks at the moment i didnt off road it yet except for one driving up a hill but you will need new shocks for that. On the road I havent noticed major extending of the shock yet.

Just give me a call at 540-717-1748
My name is Ben and ill gladly answer as many questions as I can. I know how it is when you buy something and you want to make sure its the right thing you want to do. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i noticed that to the LPsV bracket seems a little much in the rain today the rear brake locked up a little early. It was part of the kit though. I think I am going to put it on the brake mashine to adjust the brake bias correctly.

·
Registered
1997 T100 4x4 Xtra
7 Posts
I actually like the ride better. Well the installation isn't to hard youll need to grind the area away for the ball joint spacer and get the old studs out of the ball joint i think thats the hardest part.
I recommend new ball joints on top makes it a lot easier. I didnt like the bolts for the spacer i went to tractor supply and got me grade 8 bolts, because the nut threaded out at the specified torque spec. The grade 8 stuff works great make sure to get the grade 8 washers also. In the rear the add a leaf wasn't bad at all i do recommend having new u-bolts even if yours dont look rusted or so they will be terrible to get out unless you have and impact and the chance of twisting the u-bolt it great.

The ride quality in the front stayed the same because i only put the spacer in and didnt mess with the torsion bars. The rear is a little stiffer but it feel smoother on the road its like the truck is not wabbly across the road. It will feel weird to drive when you put the lift on because your caster camber and toe will be way out. I recommend getting new inner and outer tie rod ends and the adjusting sleeves and intstalling them to in the mean while. It will save you money on the end because you won't have to get it aligned twice and the front end will be tighter and more accurate to adjust which makes your tires wear better and the ride be alot smoother. They recommend new shocks all the way around but I am running on all stock shocks at the moment i didnt off road it yet except for one driving up a hill but you will need new shocks for that. On the road I havent noticed major extending of the shock yet.

Just give me a call at 540-717-1748
My name is Ben and ill gladly answer as many questions as I can. I know how it is when you buy something and you want to make sure its the right thing you want to do. :)
Thanks for the info. I think I might do this. For the price it sounds like a great enhancement. If I run into trouble I'll give you a call. Thanks again!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are you still running original size tires? (looks to be you are)

Any intention of going larger size?

Also on the shocks, you are being warned of the dangers of lifting without going to a longer shock. Not knowing the weakest link is in our T100's, you have some risk of ripping off your shock mount or damage your shock as both has been done by modder's who did not get properly sized shocks for their lift. I have always thought the rear shock mounts were not particularly strong as it is a horizont shaft supported on just one end subject to vertical loading.

Since I am not an expert on the T100 and shocks and suspension measurements and loadings, it could be this is a non-issue since to be honest with you I have not heard of this happening to the T100 lift projects but have heard of it happpening to other truck lift projects that were much more aggressive than your mild lift.

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
Good video. MAke sure you watch your rear springs over the next few years. I have the same style aal's and they have all but ruined my leaf pack ( was already worn so oh well) after a few years of use..

p.s seatbelt stuck in door, classic toyota!

p.p.s socks and sandals = :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts