Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Napa Burgundy '98 Avy
98 Avalon XL
388 Posts
to really get to the rear bank, id say itd be easier and less damage to the engine if you drop it down. PITA to do. id say look at your valve cover gaskets first before you do anything to see if that is the problem, its an easy fix and would save a big headache. or clean down the engine and run it again and see where it is coming from, you might get lucky and not have to take it out to fix it.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
WOW! /\ /\ /\

I think if it came down to this though, I would just swap engines, which leads me to ask - what's the lastest model Avy that I could rob a 1MZ engine from for my 1996?
Probably a 96-97. I have a 95, and I've looked under the hood of a 96, and some vacuum lines are gone, such as the one for AC idle up and etc. The power steering vacuum lines appear to have changed as well. Not too sure about 98-99, but definitely not 2000+, because these have VVTi on them.

·
Napa Burgundy '98 Avy
98 Avalon XL
388 Posts
1mz's were in avalons, v6 camrys, and siennas, the latest you could get one from is from a 1999. in 2000 they changed the standard toyota v6 to i belive a 2mz. ive got a 1mz in my 98.

as the forum implies, our cars remained fairly unchanged from 1995-1999, engines and drivetrains included.

·
Registered
141 Posts
1mz's were in avalons, v6 camrys, and siennas, the latest you could get one from is from a 1999. in 2000 they changed the standard toyota v6 to i belive a 2mz. ive got a 1mz in my 98.

as the forum implies, our cars remained fairly unchanged from 1995-1999, engines and drivetrains included.
Even though you have the same engine code, updates were done through the years.

So to the OP, stick with your year or 97, which I'm sure is the same. The 2000+ still has the 1MZ-FE, just with VVti like I said before. After that, they went to the 3.3L 3MZ-FE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.