Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do i have these hooked up right so far? in the back where there are the two lines coming up at 90* from the intake manifold where do those go. i know what line hooks up to the bigger Emissios Valve set but cant figure out the rest help pleaseeeee and thaks again

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
There should be a sticker on the underside of the hood showing the vacuum hose routing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1996 vacuum lines

yes, i know, and i even have the engine service manual on my ipad and went step by step on there and its too hard to see. and i have the 1mzfe service manual but not avalon so idk if things are slighty dfferent but yea.

If anyone can take a picture of theirs of soemthing would be really appreciated. i did a complete rebuild and now im hung up on this stupid part

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone help a fellow toyota brotha out and snap a quick picture of those i cant figure it out and i have spend hours looking throug the 1mzfe service manual pdf and searching images online. and still no success

·
Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
985 Posts
Well, I'd try, but I have the dual intakes on the 01, and I have no idea what else might have changed from 96 - 01.

(You might have to be patient - 30 minutes here is like a nanosecond on forums with more traffic.)

You might try in a similar-year Camry forum, specifying that you need it for the V6 3.0 1mz-FE, since a whole bunch of long-lived Camrys had the I4 engine(s). Avalons are Camrys.

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
It’s not clear to me if your ‘96 is missing its vacuum label, but if it would help, I could take and post a pic of mine. It’s a ‘96 with CA emissions, which might be different if yours has Fed emissions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could you take a picture of the same spot i did please. that would help me the most mine is ca too should be the same hopefully. but where the two vacuum lines come out and up at a 90*

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
I took a few pics of mine. Hope you can see what you need to see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Part of your problem is your EGR Valve is connected to Intake Vacuum, The pics and Diagram from BMR should get you going in the right direction!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vacuum lines

i figued it out. what was messing me up was where the egr goes to the harness was broken off right at the harness so i couldnt tell anything ever went there. and it got me all messed up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts