Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a 96 Camry 2 door for a friend. She just bought it knowing the power windows did't work. I pulled the door cards and both L&R windows were propped up and the regulators had been torn apart and messed with. So I ordered new regs w/ motors. The regulators and motors fit in the doors and bolt up fine everywhere except to the bottom of the door glass. The glass hits the bracket before the holes line up. The cut curves in the bottom of the glass aren't deep enough. They look like a crescent moon shape and they need to be almost half moon. The regulators are definitely the right ones. I'e tried 3 brands to be sure. So apparently someone at some point went to a junkyard and bought windows that physically fit in the doors but will not bolt to the regulator bracket. I'm not familiar enough with toyota year, model, generations, etc. I'm trying to get a clue as to what the windows came out of so maybe that regulator will work. That's the only thing left before buying 2 windows and 2 more regulators. Any one have any ideas or suggestions? Thank You I don't have pics at this moment but if needed I can get them and post

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
92 Toyota Camry XLE
1,798 Posts
I believe that I have one Window Regulator from one certain 1995 Toyota Camry "SE" version (2-Door) that had a V-6.

It was my younger Brother's ride and in Palm Beach, Florida someone rear-ended it and totaled it.

The Regulator is still in the box but, I don't know which side?

Seems like you ordered things so, you should be okay and on your way to fixing it correctly.

Here's what I did to my Brother's 1995 Camry SE (they are very hard to come by!)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2131262-Brothers-s-1995-Toyota-Camry-SE-3-0-Liter-V-6

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.