Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 96 camry automatic door locks do not work. I have just one key, no fob just the regular key.
1. Driver side can only unlock itself when it turn key to the right, it won't turn left at all. It also doesn't unlock any other door, just itself. So I can get in that way or unlock the pass. side by turning left, but again, same as DS it only unlocks itself. It doesn't do anything when I turn the key right.

2. The automatic locks don't lock/unlock, just makes a clicking noise on the PS, behind the glove compartment? Its the same when I double turn my key outside, it just clicks near the PS. The locks do not move, not even slightly when I do this. And it is the same if I am sitting in the DS or PS and hitting the automatic lock/unlock button, same clicking noise, same spot every time.

I know the battery was replaced by some cheap off brand junk before I bought it, and the clock keeps resetting every time I turn the car off so I'm not sure how reliable this battery is anyway and that is a whole other problem. Anyway, any ideas what it could be? Is it the battery, bad fuse, or maybe something else? Any insight would be appreciated as I don't know too much about cars, but don't want to take it to a dealership and pay a lot to fix it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts