Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like it says in the title im having some problems getting my carrier bearing bolted back up to the engine. i had to do an overhaul on it bc my tranny crapped out on me about 2wks ago...well got a newer used tranny with 60k on it for 495 and put it in and it seems to run pretty well havent been able to drive it yet though bcccc i cant get the darn carrier bearing to match back up with it's bolt hole's on the back of the engine...ive tried taking the torque strut loose and jacking the engine up...didnt work...ive tried literally everything i can think of short of taking the top of the carrier bearing off the mount and pulling the spindle back out of the transaxle then bolting it back up...can anyone give me any other suggestions before i pull my friggin hair out? Thanks...

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
is the half-shaft still in the carrier bearing?

also...you know you're supposed to bolt that all up before you put the tranny back in right? (presuming that the half-shaft is still on the carrier bearing)

·
Registered
994 Posts
that axle and carrier shit can be the biggest pain in the ass.

i'd take the axle out and get the carrier mounted first. its easier to wiggle around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts