Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bubspaseorules
toyota paseo
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the second time my car has put out a code for insufficient egr flow and toyota ended up replacing the the Modulator and that seemed to fix it for a while. now i have no idea what needs to be fixed. i do have freeze frame data from when the code was set. there were two freeze frame instances, but both were exactly the same as follows. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Freeze Frame (0 & 1)
Engine RPM 1999rpm
Engine Coolant Temp 190 F
Intake Air Temp 77 F
Vehicle Speed 39 mph
Engine load 62.7 percent
Fuel System Status Bank-1 Closed
Fuel System Status Bank-2 Disabled
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank-1 4.7 percent
Manifold Absolute Pressure 18.31 Hg
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank-1 1.6%

·
bubspaseorules
toyota paseo
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the EGR Vacuum Modulator. its blue and says Denso on it, held on to the corner of the motor by a cirular clip above the EGR. its already been replaced though and i checked it for air flow and its still good. i'm thinking its one of a couple things. EGR, VSV, or MAP sensor. gonna do some tests, but if anyone has had this problem before let me know. thanks for the replies

·
bubspaseorules
toyota paseo
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just checked VSV and i was getting 60 ohms between the terminals. repair book says its supposed to be between 36-39. do you think this would constitute buying a new one. dont have to time to clean out EGR valve or EGR hose till this weekend. another question, should i buy new gaskets for the egr and intake manifold(where egr connects to intake) or will i be ok to re-use them?

·
Got a FC3S!
92 Paseo/90 RX7
1,455 Posts
I always use new. As for cleaning. I tried that before replacing and it only lasted a few months, then the code came back. Try cleaning the VSV with some electronic connection cleaner and compressed air before you go buying a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts