Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996 tercel
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just bought a 1996 tercel black hawk i guess uhm its manual 4speed and its very slow. I just want to know wat can i do to it?, i seen headers and exhaust for it, but how many horses can i grab of it, if i put headers and exhaust? Also where can i go to do my research on the tercel? What kind of swaps can i do to the tercel? I heard of the starlet turbo motor and the paseo motor.Well just basicly i want to know every site where i can find anything for it.

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts
I have a 94 and i get around 90 HP or so im not even sure,

well it has a bit larger engine then mine so im guessing around 110HP, exhaust and headers will give u around 10 more HP, so its not even worth it.

If its SLOW i would check ur engine, it might have a problem somewhere, possibly intake leak? who knows... My car accelerates preaty quick if given enuff gas and the gear is LOW to around 85 MPH then its sorta straining.

Theres a swap thread on the main Tercel, Paseo, Starlet, and Sera Forum. Its a Sticky.

Im not realy sure bout sites, depending on the type of swap, some are quite costly, i havent realy looked into it, i just checked the engines themselves, some lucky ones are in good condition while otheres have been raced. They will need to be completly redone and possibly rehoned. I hear thats quite costly too.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1996 tercel
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have 93 hp and like 87lb of torque i believe, is that iam used to hondas i had a grs hatch and it hit 14.3 on the track so when i drove the tercel i was like wtf lol so yea am probably goin to check for any leaks .

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
You could turbo your DIS 5efe! Several people have taken these near 200hp but safely and reliably up to 140hp. Keep the boost to around 7psi and the piston ring lands shouldn't break. It makes a good package that will eat many cars.

Or read the swap thread in the stickies. Most people go with a 4efte. Some have to frankenstein something and others must cut the car up to fit something larger in. All covered in that thread.

What is your budget?

·
Registered
1996 tercel
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i cant really do nothin to my stock motor then? i wana know if its possible to drop in a nissan sr20 motor in there

·
Wonderbread
Toyota Tercel, AE86
1,721 Posts
^^lol SR20..... keep it simple, 4efte from the sounds of it is all youll need

BUT if you think you can accomplish that feat just do it

·
Wonderbread
Toyota Tercel, AE86
1,721 Posts
i think its called an ebruni kit or something, there isnt very many, 1 or 2 maybe....

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
so i cant really do nothin to my stock motor then? i wana know if its possible to drop in a nissan sr20 motor in there
You could turbo your DIS 5efe! Several people have taken these near 200hp but safely and reliably up to 140hp. Keep the boost to around 7psi and the piston ring lands shouldn't break. It makes a good package that will eat many cars.

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

Or read the swap thread in the stickies. Most people go with a 4efte. Some have to frankenstein something and others must cut the car up to fit something larger in. All covered in that thread.

What is your budget?
Where can I find a kit to turbo my 5efe? I've been wanting to either swap it for a 4efte or try to turbo the original motor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts