Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wonder the same thing. I have my fuel pressure result. At least at idle. It’s 53 lbs running.

I have no idea about those temp readings. I assume the whole thing is tied to a single problem after reading more about the freeze frame data online “Toyota guru site” but being all the readings are all ridiculous I have no idea. 11 rpm? 🤦🏼‍♂️ -100% fuel trims short and long “live data looks almost perfect”

The rear oxygen sensor looks like an issue now but no code. Reading 0 voltage on the graph. “Picture attached”

It is certainly frustrating and just keeps getting more so lol.

But all that data pretty much looks like it would be a power issue potentially? Maybe bad ground?

If a Honda I’d be on the main relay to start. With this Cali emissions Avalon I’m less certain.

Hopeful but that’s about all I am for sure 🤷🏼‍♂️

If this car wasn’t low miles 142,XXX and garaged its entire life before me I’d have given up after the first couple months.

The overall condition makes it really hard to just sell with an or potentially list of issues.

And I’m the guy who finds and fixes the difficult diagnosis cars. I’m patient, but running low on this project.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,121 Posts
The ECUs on these are starting to fail more frequently as time passes. I’m not usually one to throw parts at a problem, but in your case, there are soooo many flaky things going on, I strongly suspect a bad ECU. There are no tests you can run before replacing it, unfortunately. You could buy a used replacement on eBay, matching the 10 digit part number on yours. Or send it off to one of the online places that rebuilds them. Or buy replacement electrolytic capacitors and replace them per this thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Another recent development is that when initially purchased the radiator fans would run constantly. Ac on or not cold start or not.

They stopped within the first month of ownership.

As of Monday they started again. I’ve read so much I don’t have exact sources or maybe I’m crossing from other vehicles but I’ve seen people replacing unrelated sensors or relays and they’ve had results that were positive.

I’m looking at having the pcm rebuilt currently being I am not that much of an expert. I am capable of soldering and such but haven’t done this specifically and without a video I’m less confident I can get the wanted results.

That being said I wonder about the ECT sensor or potentially the fan relays.

Or. Is this potentially tied to what is appearing more daily to be a PCM issue?

Again many thanks for the help and direction I’ve gotten so far.

·
Super Moderator
13,121 Posts
Or. Is this potentially tied to what is appearing more daily to be a PCM issue?
Yes. Yet another oddball, unrelated set of symptoms, which itself points more strongly to a flaky ECU. And probably why it was abandoned by the first mobile mechanic. With that much stuff going haywire, they likely threw up their hands in frustration.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well that’s a no. The guy was a con. Pulled it apart demanding more money to finish the spark plug job he was initially hired for.

He bullied the guy into paying him most of the initially agreed upon amount and then refused to finish it. Or was incapable of finishing it.

I’m the one nearing the end of my rope on this.

It’s a challenge I’m still unwilling to give up on tho. Although it is nearing its end for my fight.

I am really unfamiliar with the Toyota v6 and it’s finally catching up. I’m generally pretty good at finding the dumb stuff. This one might just be my achilles tho.

There is a LOT of strange things in this particular car that can really cause problems. Buried coolant lines made of rubber? Buried harnesses with little insulation.

Love the size,ride, and behavior of the car. Maybe got a 🍋 🤦🏼‍♂️

21 - 25 of 25 Posts