Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air control in my Camry stopped working a few months ago and I finally got a round to taking a look at it today. I removed the servo motor and took it apart. Inside one of the gears was pretty stiff so I applied more lube and also drilled out the hole in the gear a bit, it worked perfectly when I put it back in place. Also I tested the motor itself hooking it up to a 9v battery and the motor spun just fine and turned the gears.

I installed it back in my car and when I switch the dial I get no movement, it almost seems like there's no power going to the motor, because I know it works I tested it with a battery and the motor definitely works. I tested the plug with a multimeter by sticking the positive terminal in each of the seven holes and it was reading barely one volt, is that normal? I tested the blower fuse and it holds continuity.

Not sure what else to try....right now I've just manually moved the arms to the position I mostly use so that's all good but it would be nice to fix it.

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,682 Posts
You're referring to the mode servo?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts