Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Road Trippin'
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Gen4/Gen4.5 ('97-'01) Camry Speaker Installation

So I finally got around to putting together the "How-To" for the front and rear speaker installation for my 1998 Camry.

This whole idea started with this thread. You can read throught the post if you want the background story and some details regarding speaker selection

I put the how-to on my own personal blog and web space, mainly to save space on this forum thread and to minimize ToyotaNation's bandwidth needs. I might as well abuse the hosting I've already paid for. :D

So... without further interruption - here's the URL for the How-To:

http://www.gearmonkey.org/sixthman/archives/001934.html#001934

**Bandwidth Warning - Lots of pictures**

EDIT: Made it sticky and changed title to reflect coverage years

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fantastic job. It also couldn't have come at a better time for me either because My rear speakers came in on the brown truck today and will be installing them in my 98 Camry tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time.

·
Road Trippin'
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you like it! Good luck with the rear speaker install!

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Nice, but you definitely need to deaden those doors, your midbass will increase so much!

·
Road Trippin'
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm tempted to rip out the plastic and throw in some Rammat, but for now I'm incredibly happy with the results.

Other mods I'm planning on doing soon:
- Optima yellow top
- Upgrade the battery wiring (The Big 3)

Other mods I'm tempted to do:
- Rammat
- New HU
- Add an amp
- Upgrade the speaker wiring in the car
- Possibly add an amp and a 8" or 10" sub. I value my trunk space, though, so unless I can find a place to mount the sub with minimal impact to the trunk space I'm staying away from it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I too value my trunk space and if I ever add a sub, I too would probably go with a single 10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts