Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

I have a 98 Camry with 70k miles. The front end rattles at low speeds and I think it is the strut mounts. I want to replace the strut assy and the mount. I would like to buy a complete assy ready to bolt to the vehicle. I read that Monroe makes something like that. I am in the US Army stationed in Korea and need to order it online. Can you tell me the complete name of the item and where I could purchase it online?

Thanks for any help
Pat

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I see two part numbers on Advance Auto webpage. One is 171679 for a monroe quick strut. The item is here: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=MON&mfrpartnumber=171679&parttype=49&ptset=A

The other Strut mount has pretty much the same partnumber minus the first "1"...71679. It looks like this... [URL="http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=MON&mfrpartnumber=71679&parttype=49&ptset=A[/URL]

The two images look completely different. any advice will be appreciated.

Pat

·
Registered
374 Posts
The first image shows the complete assembly ready to put into the car. The strut mount appears to be included in that assembly. However I have never worked on my front struts, just the rears. As far as I can tell though, that assembly comes with the strut mount.

The second image is of just the strut. (Looks like a nice one. :D )

Hope I was of some help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks to me like the first image has the strut mount and the spring and shock...but not the bottom part...What do I bolt my wheel spindle to? It is not showing in the Quick Assy image. I am wondering if that is just a generic picture or if I need the bottom housing to attach my wheel spindle.

Thanks
Pat

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, that's gotta be a generic image. You can see there are holes for the bolts on that display image, but they're not in the proper location for a Camry.

If I were you i'd check the availability and/or have autozone order the part, then go check it out to see what it comes with. In my experience autozone and O-reilly's don't charge anything for special ordering or holding parts, so if it's something you end up not needing tey don't get sore at ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts