Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check engine Light going and coming and finally got Code reader and found out it is P0120 code which is Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit Malfunction.
Do not have a repair manual and tried to sneak a peek at autozone and they did not have one in stock locally. Unable to find this sensor under the hood. If anyone has a picture of the location of this device and any further test that can be done to make sure that it is the culprit before I purchase one. I sure would appreciate it. Has 1.8 Liter 1FZZE Engine. email me at [email protected] if you have a PDF file on the testing of this device. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
The throttle position sensoer is mounted directly on throttle body and 3 pin cylindric sensor.

You can disconnect the wire connector and check for open or short across the terminals. There should not be any open or short to ground. Typically resitance across end terminal should be approx. 30~50 ohms, and resistance measurement with center terminal should sum up to total resistance across end terminals.

While sensor connected and and car running, voltage across end terminal should be 5 volts. Votage across center terminal is 0.6 to 0.9 volts at idle, at throttle fully opened it should be 3.5 to 4.7 volts.

If you find this sensor OK, then throttle vane mechanism itself may be sticky. But acceleration pedal position sensor is also mounted on throttle body which is typically 4 pin sensor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
make sure you soak the bolts with anti-rust lubricants WD40 properly before removing coz sometimes it breaks. if it breaks you have to replace complete throttle body.

here with i am posting a pic for 4A-FE engine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi catman1

It's my pleasure that your problem has been resolved.

Enjoy!!!:)

reg,
bonnie*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts