Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my truck this week. It has 88K and seems to have almost every option I could want........ thing is, I can't find a jack or tools and each wheel has a lug with a lock and I didn't get a key.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for the help

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
try and take an imprint of the lock key and see if any of the local rim shops can order you a new key, you can try looking at a junk yard for a jack they normaly have a stack of them for cheap, and buy a new tire iron and you should be good to go. also have you checked under the back seat? they sometimes hide things under there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I did look under the backseats, nice storage. I really thought I would find it when I found those little hatches.

I will try the junkyards, good idea.

Thanks again.

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
As for the lock, try your local Toyota Stealer and have them take the lock off for you. They usually have a set of master keys there.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Did you check under the bed? or behind the seats? As for the wheel locks you may have to break them off which is gonna suck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jack and tool kit

There is a jack and tool kit on ebay ftom a 1998 Prerunner. My local dealer says the part number for that one is different and they don't know if it will fit my 1998 Tacoma 4x4 or not. I find that hard to believe. Does anyone know if this will work? Surely a 2WD 4runner weighs as much as my truck. Are they that different to jack? My dealer wants $234 for the jack and tools, the ebay bid is for about $26 (now) and $19 shipping.

I appreciate the help. I am afraid of being somewhere and getting a flat with my 4 month old baby girl with me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lug key

When I was at the dealer, I did order a lug key. They said the color code for the key is purple if that means anything.

Not too bad, $17 for the key. I would have thought about $30. Dealers retail sucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts