Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of doing a 4efte swap into my 1998 Tercel, which had been said to be a direct bolt-on. I am wondering exactly what is needed to make the swap possible. This is my first time attempting a swap so I am unsure what I need specifically, and if anyone that has attempted this can give a rough list of what needs to be done to make the swap work it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
9,463 Posts
You might want to look for a wrecked but usable donor car. Things like wiring harnesses and the ecm's can be problematic.

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Tercel
174 Posts
Just buy some maintenance items like distributor cap and rotor and etc. Your rear motor mount wont last long at all and will probably need a poly one. Finding parts for a 4e are becoming more difficult but if you are doing the wiring yourself you should be ok. 4efte rear main seal is 4e specific but the cam and crank seal on the timing side are the same as the 5e (tercel motor)
I recommend changing the water pump but the oil pump can be reused.
If you plan to keep ac your ac is controlled by the chassis harness. Depending on year youll need to add an idle up valve connected to the clutch of the compressor.
Clutch for a 4e is the same as a 90 corolla gts with the 4age motor in it.
let me know what other questions u have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts