Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 1998 Toyota Corolla that will crank but not start. For a quick fix I replaced the plugs and wires, fuel pump, and a few fuses. Still not starting, I scanned it and it's throwing codes
Po441- vent control circuit
Po446-evaporative emissions system incorrect purge flow
Po325- knock sensor 1 circuit bank 1 or single sensor
I don't think that any of these codes could keep it from starting but not completely sure. Any idea what it possibly could be?? Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,408 Posts
Have a 1998 Toyota Corolla that will crank but not start. For a quick fix I replaced the plugs and wires, fuel pump, and a few fuses. Still not starting, I scanned it and it's throwing codes
Po441- vent control circuit
Po446-evaporative emissions system incorrect purge flow
Po325- knock sensor 1 circuit bank 1 or single sensor
I don't think that any of these codes could keep it from starting but not completely sure. Any idea what it possibly could be?? Any and all help is appreciated.
Your right, those problems described by the codes wouldn't prevent the car from starting.
How did you get here to begin with? Other issues?
Which motor and trans?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

1. Your right, those problems described by the codes wouldn't prevent the car from starting.
    How did you get here to begin with? Other issues?
    Which motor and trans?
    Honestly, I am posting and asking for a friend. I am trying to buy the car and really haven't had the chance to take a really close look at it. He described it as running fine and good, then went into the store one afternoon and when he came out it would crank but not start. And I didn't want to drop 500 on a car that is going to need another engine. All I know is to check it for fuel and spark. Other than that,I'm clueless.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,408 Posts

1. Honestly, I am posting and asking for a friend. I am trying to buy the car and really haven't had the chance to take a really close look at it. He described it as running fine and good, then went into the store one afternoon and when he came out it would crank but not start. And I didn't want to drop 500 on a car that is going to need another engine. All I know is to check it for fuel and spark. Other than that,I'm clueless.
Odd circumstances.
Compression test, battery voltage, check ground wires. Water in oil, oil in water. Fuel filters?
You covered the primary potentials. Air, fuel and spark.
Timing problems? Automatic or Manual trans?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.