Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the fans were always on at high speed. When I tried to unplug the connector from the switch, top part of the switch came off.

What is the part number for this ect switch that sits under the radiator ? Is it okay to use aftermarket switch ?

thanks.

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
92 Toyota Camry XLE
1,798 Posts
Both the fans were always on at high speed. When I tried to unplug the connector from the switch, top part of the switch came off.

What is the part number for this ect switch that sits under the radiator ? Is it okay to use aftermarket switch ?

thanks.
Not understanding your issue, if it is an issue?

To turn OFF the Fans from "a" connector then, there is one near the Radiator Shroud housing.

Why would you need to even go down to disconnect the Temperature Detect Sensor?

If the AC is engaged then it will always keep FANs working, why are you in the thought process that something is wrong?:|

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I did my research but did not explain the problem.

The fan is always running at high speed even when the AC is off. I checked the fuses (terminals) in the relay box and all seemed to be okay.
If I unplug the connector from the fan switches on either side of radiator, the fan stops. If I take out the fuse from the relay box, the fan stops.

As I understand, this problem could be either due to coolant sensor (engine side) or coolant switch (radiator side). Since I am not getting any
CEL, I assumed the problem is not with the sensor but the switch. The fans are running at fail safe mode.

When I tried to take the connector off the coolant switch, the plastic part broke off. It could be some internal rust in the switch. Since the switch
is broken, I need to replace it and hope that fixes this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.