Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ToyotaRIMD
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Camry collision Impact?
===========================

Thanks for replies to my threads and your guidance worked on my Camry.

I am having hard time to protect still running my 1999 Camry from no fault collision. It served me well .

Any body damage to this car putting into total loss threshold.

If I take the car to body shop, their estimate throw above car value. I did see there are some unwanted items in their estimate.

How do I handle this situation?

While driving , someone cause the accident. How do I protect from this ?

Thanks for your guidance/sharing.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
you can choose to not make an insurance claim and instead pay for the repair yourself

or you can "total" the car (that is, the insurance will pay you the salvage value of the "totaled" car), and then you can use that money to pay for the repair yourself

after being "totaled", nothing really changes, you still have the car, and the money to pay for the repair, but officially, the insurance company is then supposed to notify the state that this car has been salvaged, it is a kind of a "carfax" thing (from before there was anything like car fax) to inform a future owner of that car about its history

If you don't plan to sell the car, the "salvage title" shouldn't matter to you, they're just words.

Another option, if you are thinking about the future, is to buy "agreed value" insurance (some companies like Haggerty, which specialize in classic cars specialize in this), where you pay for coverage for a value that you set on the vehicle. Then, if there is a claim, they will cover up to that agreed value, which you have been paying for. Cherished cars tend to be able to get this agreed value coverage relatively cheaply because the rate of claims on such cars tends to be low (due to being very well cared for).

Norm

·
Registered
930 Posts
After repairs, be sure to inspect, including under the car, to insure that all the push-in plastic fasteners were properly replaced. I have not found an instance where the repair people did so-- always missing fasteners.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
qqzj
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing