Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Camry XLE V6 right now with 131K on it, which I bought for $3000 + trade-in of a crappy car back in August. I saw a 1999 Camry LE V6 (fully loaded), for $6000 with 127K. Now the dealer said they would give me $3500 for my car, which would mean paying a difference of $2500. Do you think it's worth it?

In my opinion, the parts will be newer. But if I decided to keep my current 1994, it cant last too much longer, maybe 1-2 years if im lucky, but by then it would probably be trashed and I wouldnt get much for it. So I was thinking I should trade now, while my car has no problems and still runs fine.

heres a pic:

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
i say go for it. its a damn good car and it looks like its in good condition. plus u can S/C it:D........WAIT...is that a manual shif boot i see in that pic?! if thats a manual V6 u had better buy it...wait scrap that. hold it and ill buy it.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
s/c meaning supercharge? lol

And yes it is a V6 manual, which is what really caught my eye. The inside is a bit dirty, but after some cleaning up I can make it look much nicer.

Anyone else have opinions on this?

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone have any other comments? I want to get some opinions because im about to go down this afternoon for a test drive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't go it, save you $2500 for whatever else you want. As long as you make a good maintanance, the 1994 can last much longer. It has only 130K miles, it is not a big deal.

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
youre considering paying sticker price??

anyway, while the having a newer car is nice and a manual is VERY nice, is it worth an extra $2500 plus whatever may be wrong with the car that you dont know about. not worth it in my eyes.

·
Registered
536 Posts
since mileage is out of the question because they're nearly the same...

you're basically gonna pay $2500 for a 1999 V6 manual. maybe it'd be best to dig deeper into the specs of the '99 model, such as:

- when the timing belt was changed
- how much longer it will last

for it's price, i'm assuming it's a clear title. other than that, it looks like it's in good shape. i'd probably go for it if I were you.

**on a side note: don't pay another $2500 just for a s/c, which isn't worth it

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your comments, but because I did just spend about $550 for a new waterpump and timing belt, I dont feel like spending that again anytime soon.

So to make up for it, I bought some new parts for my 94, which include wood paneling, fog lights, new clear headlights, and clear turn signal lights. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts