Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need your help with my 1999 Tacoma.

My A/C and crank serpentine belt snapped on 01/16/2020, and it created a lot of smoke, and it smelled like something burned. Today, 01/20/2020, I changed all 3 serpentine belts, and this happened. I'm not sure if the broken belt broke anything when it snapped or not, or maybe when I over tied the tensions/pullies. Any idea? Thank you.

This is my video, please take a look:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CEL on? Any codes? What's the battery voltage?
The battery is new, and there were no codes at all. I used BlueDriver to scan the car. What I'm thinking right now is that I over tightened the belts and pulleys. I will try to release the tension on the belts a little bit to see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Ya gotta start somewhere right? It sure wants to run!
After loosening the belts, now it only sound like how it sounded in the video at 00:19 :(. I also felt a strong jump right under the floor on the driver's side when I turned the key.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,634 Posts
After loosening the belts, now it only sound like how it sounded in the video at 00:19 :(. I also felt a strong jump right under the floor on the driver's side when I turned the key.
Check your voltages, sounds like the starter is drawing a lot of juice. See if the battery drops excessively while cranking the starter. Clean and tighten all those cables too. Corrosion create resistance. Bttery is doing all the work until it starts and the alt. comes on-line.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When you had the belts off, did you check if all the accessories rotated freely? If not, I'd start with removing all the belts to see if it will start. Don't run it for very long. It sound spretty unhappy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts