Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
if you have to ask that many questions, then you should be doing more research on N2O and its uses in general

but in specifics to the 1mz- if your engine is in good shape, you don't spray like a maniac, you have a good computerized a/f fix when spraying, then it can handle a 75 shot no problem

if anything, I would worry about the transmission overheating before the engine going

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
Make sure you get a compression test on all of your cylinders too. Next summer I wanna run a 50 shot on my V6!

·
Nitrous Ab(user) ......
94 Camry V6 XLE
158 Posts
N2o....

I know it does not specifically state the Camry 1MZ-FE... BUT, I called and spoke to Joey at ZEX in Memphis TN.... and this 82021 is for 4-6 cyl 2-4 liter, single, wet shot.
it is the one I will eventually get..... if the family will calm down... (another story all in it's self). BUT, this is the one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZEX-Honda-350Z-G35-IS300-WET-Nitrous-Kit-82021-FREE-UPS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQitemZ8011005758QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Cheaper.. and well, it N2O!

SCDTRD

·
Art In Motion
95 2Door Camry
310 Posts
First off, I have a NX express wet shot adj between 35/50/75 and to my knowledge any mechanic has told me that more than 50 on a stock engine is a bad idea. I wouldent push it past 50, 75 is quite a HP gain for stock internals, on a camry thats almost double.

SECOND...just need to claify..NOS...is NOT the term for nitrous. NOS is a company that makes Nitrous sytems but so does Zex, NX Express, Holleys, and a few others I cant think of. The proper term is Nitrous or n02 that means the chemical compound is Nitrogen/2 Oxygen. You wouldent call water "city Utilites" its proper chemical compound is H2O. 2 hydrogens/ oxygen

oh and uhh...BTW...E=MC2.....since im einstein and all......

·
Nitrous Ab(user) ......
94 Camry V6 XLE
158 Posts
Mayne Event said:
First off, I have a NX express wet shot adj between 35/50/75 and to my knowledge any mechanic has told me that more than 50 on a stock engine is a bad idea. I wouldent push it past 50, 75 is quite a HP gain for stock internals, on a camry thats almost double.

SECOND...just need to claify..NOS...is NOT the term for nitrous. NOS is a company that makes Nitrous sytems but so does Zex, NX Express, Holleys, and a few others I cant think of. The proper term is Nitrous or n02 that means the chemical compound is Nitrogen/2 Oxygen. You wouldent call water "city Utilites" its proper chemical compound is H2O. 2 hydrogens/ oxygen

oh and uhh...BTW...E=MC2.....since im einstein and all......
Your correct up to the NO2... it is N2O. Two Nitrogen and one Oxygen atom. Nitrous Oxide is 36% O2 by weight....

A property of nitrous oxide is that at about 565 degrees F., it breaks down into nitrogen and oxygen. When it is introduced into the intake tract of an internal combustion engine, it is sucked into the combustion chamber and, on the compression stroke, when the charge air temperature reachs 565 deg., a very oxygen-rich mixture results. If we add extra fuel during nitrous oxide injection, the effect is like a super charger or increasing the compression ratio of the engine. Automotive nitrous systems work like the automotive eqivalent of a jet's "afterburner" and is used for short duration extra bursts of power.
Nitrous oxide has this effect because it has a higher percentage of oxygen content than does the air in the atmosphere. Nitrous has 36% oxygen by weight and the atmosphere has 23%. Additionally, nitrous oxide is 50% more dense than air at the same pressure. Thus, a cubic foot of nitrous oxide contains 2.3 times as much oxygen as a cubic foot of air. Just do a bit of math in your head and you can see if we substitute some nitrous oxide for some of the air going into an engine than add the appropriate amount of additional fuel, the engine is going to put out more power.
Simply stated, nitrous oxide injection is very much like a supercharger or a compression ratio increase in that, during combustion, it can dramatically increase the dynamic cylinder pressure in the engine.

SCDTRD

·
ToTech
7 Posts
ptycamry said:
Sup everyone..

Just wondering.. What kind of NOS can a Gen 4 V6 Camry hold without engine mods..??

With kind of NOS I mean, you know, wet shots, dry shots, how many HP, etc.....
Not sure what it can take. The worst case is that you burn a piston or a valve.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Mayne Event said:

well, there are debates on that....but for the 1mz, the 75 shot should be about right on stock internals...or at least the 75 dry shot would be

I would presume that the 75 dry shot would put down about 60-65 at the wheels, and the stock 1mz moter can handle about 225whp, and so can the stock auto tranny

and since a stock auto 1mz puts down around 160-165hp, a 75 dry shot should be perfectly fine

I would not go above a 50 shot for sure on a 4banger

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 98 Camry 1mzfe no internals just cut the catalytic converter off put a straight pipe and an intake and I have a 125hp wet shot on it and it handles it like a boss. Had it on for 2 years and have only had an issue with using it in first gear.it had stuck from 1st to 2nd but I put an extra trans cooler on for $40 and it’s good again. Tho I don’t recommend using a 125hp shot in first it definitely handled it for 8 months or more before it stuck. If I use it in 2nd up I have no issues. Also want to add I have no check engine lights and everything works on my car before I put it on. It’s fast and really fun and a way better cheaper way to get your car close or at 300hp for $500

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also I’m 4speed auto. I bet a 100hp wet shot would take years to give you problems. Also I raced my car literally every other day and also put 20+ Full bottles through my motor. The 125hp is borderline tho as far as the transmission holding up. Like I said it took mine long time to show signs of wear. If you wanna do it I would suggest starting at 75hp wet shot and going up to 100-125 but not over that. 75shot is just enough to feel the motor pick up. 125 is burns out going 45 and takes off. Also have beaten many new 5.0 mustangs and others with just what I mentioned. Definitely way to go for cheap power. Just also never engage the nitrous before 3000rpm

·
Registered
5 Posts
1mzfe has forged crank, shot peened rods, moly coated cast pistons, and iron sleeves stock. They are built to handle to red supercharger. So they can actually handle more nitrous stock than other cars

1 - 16 of 16 Posts