Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 V6 camry and i want to know what are the numbers of the fuel injection system fuses :(

Because i heared from many people that when u unplugged these fuses and waite a couple of minutes before plugging them back in will reset the ECU so that it doesn't pull back so much timing and this will result in some extra hp (5 - 10hp)

please help me as soon as u can

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
ummmm just pull the ecu fuse if you want to reset the ecu or disconect the battery does the same job ..... 5-10hp???? have you been talking to ricers? if anything it can make the car more adjusted to using lower grade fuel (i did that) but wount add anymore power. also it would make the car relearn your driving habbits, and readjust it self to that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank u

but why in turbo magazine(in supra project part 2 in May issue 2004 ) when they unplugged the fuel injection system fuses they gain 11.2hp on the dyno(the 2jz-gte was standard that time):confused:

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
they must have had some ecu programming that they needed to clear out... its possible that they had an engine code that they didnt know about and it was corrected. 2jz and 1mz are completely different, while the ignition system is basically the same, the inputs are fairly different.

after looking in the magazine i have concluded a few things...

1. they are using the AEM engine management computer. so it is different.
2. they mentioned a few lines above the fuse thing that they were registering some KNOCK... this will retard the ignition timing. they pulled the fuse to reset the computer so it wouldnt pull the timing back.

read that section through in your magazine again.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Zoni_Camry said:
they must have had some ecu programming that they needed to clear out... its possible that they had an engine code that they didnt know about and it was corrected. 2jz and 1mz are completely different, while the ignition system is basically the same, the inputs are fairly different.

after looking in the magazine i have concluded a few things...

1. they are using the AEM engine management computer. so it is different.
2. they mentioned a few lines above the fuse thing that they were registering some KNOCK... this will retard the ignition timing. they pulled the fuse to reset the computer so it wouldnt pull the timing back.

read that section through in your magazine again.
That sounds more like it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts