Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
that's a crankshaft pulley right?? unorthodox makes crank pulleys, n thats a name ppl are proly more familiar with. i read that crankshaft pulleys are bad for your alternator, n that the lifespan of your alternator is shortened significantly coz it takes on more stress or something.

·
Im Camfuzed!?!
2000 Camry LE
231 Posts
movingviolation said:
that's a crankshaft pulley right?? unorthodox makes crank pulleys, n thats a name ppl are proly more familiar with. i read that crankshaft pulleys are bad for your alternator, n that the lifespan of your alternator is shortened significantly coz it takes on more stress or something.
unorthodox doesnt make pulleys for the 3.0, just the 2.0 & 2.2.

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
movingviolation said:
Well if people dont know C A T (catepillar) then people need to get out more. Crank Shaft Pulleys of the same size wont affect anything but the crankshaft itself. If its harmonic dampered then you guys can worry free about damage to the engine, if its not, then you guys can worry, but frankly, i wouldnt worry as much as everyone else does here about the engine damage.. maybe its just more on V6's then I4's.

and the alternator... no. even if you were using an underdrive pulley, all if would do is spin the alternator less, creating less power. thats all. A) dont use a underdrive pulley if you need more power B) higher amp alternator.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
that looks like a stock replacement, with dampener.
the URD pulleys dont have a dampener and therefore sometimes have problems with timing shifting due to excess vibrations.
one company does make a lightweight pulley for 1mz, but i forget which it is. you will have no dampener though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
k, so why would I want one of these? just off the top of my head I'd assume that it's lighter than the stock counterpart, n so would give me a fair amount of power coz it's lightening rotational mass enit? n yeh.. would you need to change belts at all, other than for maintenance reasons??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.