Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94' IMZ-FE and wondered if it was OBD1 or OBD2?

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
94 i belive is still obd1 ... but i'm not so sure you can always try and see jumping those pins wount hurt anything unless you jump the wrong ones .... you have to jump pins te1 and e1 and see if the check light blinks .... if it blinks obd1 if not take it out to autozone and they will check it for free

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2wickedtoyz said:
it's obd2 and i went to auto zone where i live and they said their testor can't connect to it unless it's a 96+.
That's what they said. It's an OBD2, but it has an OBD1 connector? What can I do? I don't like paying Toyota $80 to plug it up.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I know some older cars had OBDII before it was required.

We own a OBDII reader, and it kicks ass - our Subaru's check engine light came on, we plugged it in, and it was just some exhaust/emmisions sensor that got its ticket punched. Then, we could be lazy and wait to fix it.

$130 with a $30 rebate from Kragen, and it works on my car. Tells EXACTLY what the issue is.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
It's OBDII. All the 1MZ's are.

edit:
Mine has an OBDII connector behind the coin tray, beside the fuse box. The auto parts stores were probably just being lazy and going by the generalization that it's '96+ only, rather than actually trying.

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2wickedtoyz said:
i showed the where it was and the connector was diff. i plan on doing a swap and changing the connector.
How do you do that? I'm interested in that process as well!:)

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
you have to do a wire at a time and make sur you put them in the right place on the new connector. it takes time. when i do it about a week from now i'll take pics and write a tutorial.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts