Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from a 1700 mile round trip vacation. While I was there, driving around in city traffic, CEL came on. I decided to dump a bottle of Chevron Techron in it, along with the Chevron mid grade for the drive home. 60 miles on IH-10, and code gone! I get back into town on Saturday night, and drive around town yesterday...code back again! Drive to work today on the highway 20 minutes.... code gone again! This is wigging me out. At this point, I'm ready to go full Scotty Kilmer and pour in a gallon of paint thinner on a half tank of gas to see if it helps dissolve any crud in the sensors or inside the CAT. Any ideas?

·
short-throw dipstick
6,165 Posts
Worth a try, cheap "fix." Will fail visual but you could put a spacer on the downstream sensor.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the light's been off for over 72 hours. Even after it went off, I tried the gallon of lacquer thinner, at 1/2 full tank. Drove exactly 150 miles round trip mostly with overdrive off to keep it at a few thousand RPM higher to force it through the exhaust a little harder. It's still off, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts