1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Camry 99 Sedan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

a 99 V6 1MZ-FE Manual Sedan...

I am looking to add some performance to the engine...

So far i have --

1. Custom Pod Filter Setup
2. Lukey Cat Back 3" Exhaust System

What Cat and Headers would you guys recommend for the Engine and cat back system..

I recently had the car on the dyno and i have 227hp... (not to bad i think...)

I have also put some 235/45/17" Tyres and Eniki rims on

Lowered it by 3cm with a new set of King Spring Coils

It is a great car and i plan on keeping it for some time...

So any other mods that you guys would recommend would be great!

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1996 Camry 5SFE 5spd
688 Posts
Weight reduction...trust me - 400 lbs or so removed from my 5SFE with a nearly stock motor (except for a header and full exhaust) makes a big difference. Be creative - 250 lbs can go out of the car without anyone knowing. Beyond 325 lbs or so you'll need to start making parts - but it can be done!

BallerBolts and Racebolts are your buddies!

·
96 es300 2mz-fe
1996 Lexus ES300
231 Posts
227hp seems high for a non built or boosted 1MZ. Do you have a scan or pic of dyno?

As for mods for a N/A setup

Obx headers and y pipe.
Safc II (if you want to tune for better numbers)
Injen Short Ram intake with cold air extension

For the cat, go with a reputable brand like magnaflow and make sure it's 3inch inlet/outlet to match you current Lukey setup.

Post up some pics of the car and introduce her to the community.

·
Registered
Camry 99 Sedan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
227hp seems high for a non built or boosted 1MZ. Do you have a scan or pic of dyno?

As for mods for a N/A setup

Obx headers and y pipe.
Safc II (if you want to tune for better numbers)
Injen Short Ram intake with cold air extension

For the cat, go with a reputable brand like magnaflow and make sure it's 3inch inlet/outlet to match you current Lukey setup.

Post up some pics of the car and introduce her to the community.

It is dark here atm...

i shall take some pics in the morning :p

Also i will look back through my records and find the dyno reading...

if i can't find it i will put it back on it again :p

I think i got lucky and got what i call a fluke motor :p

the y-pipe and cat sound good...

the car is my ever day car and my track car...

atm i can't beat all the full feldged V8s..

But i keep up with them and beat them through the corners :D

-EDIT-

Probably should mention she has 246000km on the clock :p

Gota love Toyota's

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gday,

I have the same car here in Cali, 273 km and runs fine. I can recommend the NST underdrive crank pulley and I have an injen CAI that also helps near redline. I am thinking of a Jet Performance kit also. I have a Greddy cat back.

Cheers,
1kdude

·
Australian TN'er
272 Posts
Lol there is no way it would be making 277hp. A TRD aurion makes 195ish kw. On a non boosted 1mz, you would be lucky to make 150hp at the wheels.

·
Australian TN'er
272 Posts
Whoops I mean 227hp. Unless that is engine hp, and not wheel hp, it is still impossible without boost. 227hp equates to 169kw. An Aurion with 200kw at the engine only make 145kw atw on a good day. My 1mz with boost at 6psi makes 170kw atw and that's from a manual too. Dynoing 3 different 1mz at 4psi, they made 149-155kw atw. An auto with 4psi boost made 136kw atw. All the cars that I am talking about are all from brisbane.

A non boosted 1mz manual usually gets 110kw, and auto about 10kw less. So if your readout did give you 227hp atw, that dyno need some major calibrating.

·
Registered
Camry 99 Sedan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whoops I mean 227hp. Unless that is engine hp, and not wheel hp, it is still impossible without boost. 227hp equates to 169kw. An Aurion with 200kw at the engine only make 145kw atw on a good day. My 1mz with boost at 6psi makes 170kw atw and that's from a manual too. Dynoing 3 different 1mz at 4psi, they made 149-155kw atw. An auto with 4psi boost made 136kw atw. All the cars that I am talking about are all from brisbane.

A non boosted 1mz manual usually gets 110kw, and auto about 10kw less. So if your readout did give you 227hp atw, that dyno need some major calibrating.
It is at the block hp.

I will b up in brisbane in about a month if you want to test it for yourself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all..

a 99 V6 1MZ-FE Manual Sedan...

I am looking to add some performance to the engine...

So far i have --

1. Custom Pod Filter Setup
2. Lukey Cat Back 3" Exhaust System

What Cat and Headers would you guys recommend for the Engine and cat back system..

I recently had the car on the dyno and i have 227hp... (not to bad i think...)

I have also put some 235/45/17" Tyres and Eniki rims on

Lowered it by 3cm with a new set of King Spring Coils

It is a great car and i plan on keeping it for some time...

So any other mods that you guys would recommend would be great!

Thanks in Advance
Just get the TRD supercharged bolt on package the motor can handle 7 psi stock here some info and help

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,168 Posts
Besides a 6 year old thread since last post (OP might not even have the car anymore), TRD stopped making the S/C kit some years ago (sadly).

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Annnnd... the TRD SC at 30hp boost (stock 1mzfe with AT) it was among the most expensive $/hp you could possibly buy ;)

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,168 Posts
the S/C hp number was at the rear wheels, the stock number was at the flywheel, so comparing them makes it look small

I never understood why the S/C was always, only advertised with at the rear wheels numbers and why the stock is always advertised at the flywheel. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts