Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have swapped to full ethanol in my 1mz prepping for boost, and I can say after some tuning it absolutely loves it even NA. Might hop on the dyno to see what it pulls but anyone else have any experience running them on ethanol?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wish! Have you found a reliable source for a consistent blend or are you using a flex fuel setup that can correct for the huge ethanol range we typically see in the US?

My ECU supports flex fuel but I don't have a sensor installed. Without one I'd be afraid of getting stuck somewhere without the right fuel available.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
834 Posts
is the fuel tank and fuel system compatible? I thought if it was it would have been advertised as flex fuel ready, but it wasn't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish! Have you found a reliable source for a consistent blend or are you using a flex fuel setup that can correct for the huge ethanol range we typically see in the US?

My ECU supports flex fuel but I don't have a sensor installed. Without one I'd be afraid of getting stuck somewhere without the right fuel available.
Have a reliable source next to my shop that have been testing with my brothers car. He has flex fuel sensor full setup that iv been tracking. I also have a test tube if it checks e54 to e60 I pump. I dont run a blend at all straight e.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the fuel tank and fuel system compatible? I thought if it was it would have been advertised as flex fuel ready, but it wasn't.
Tank yes lines no. All the rubber will be ate away but I have swapped everything over to aftermarket ptfe lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts