Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Camreee
'99 Auto V6
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the junkyard today and there is a 2001 es300 with the dual throttle body, and got to thinking I want it on my car.

It looks like I'll need the throttle/trans cable assemblies, the 3" intake resonator which splits into two outlets, the twin throttles themselves, the throttle body and vacuum hoses, and the vvti plenum. I'll have to figure something out for EGR.

I'm trying to find some more info about swapping over to that but nothing useful is coming up in the search function;

Does anyone know if the ECU will freak out if I plug the stock harness into the VVTI throttle body and if the VVTI plenum runners have the same engine side configuration as the non VVTI 1mz?

·
Super Moderator
13,655 Posts
IIRC, someone did this on a Gen1 Avalon, so do a search over there.

Reactions: Camreeeee

·
Camreee
'99 Auto V6
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC, someone did this on a Gen1 Avalon, so do a search over there.
Thanks for the tip, got the info I needed from some avalon posts (ecu will accept it and lower intakes matches, I can swap over if I swap the plenum as well; which you have to do since the vvti throttle body to plenum connection and gasket are separated for each throttle, and they have different bolt patterns)

I found some 3vz to vvti 1mz throttle body swaps but couldn't find anyone that made threads about swapping to a different throttle body that actually updated a post with any results or info after the initial post.

I have a lot of ideas and not enough motivation or money to follow through with them all, but if I end up doing this (probably) then I'll probably update this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts