Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19 HLL is only weeks old but I would like to prepare mentally for the dealership experience.
I know @ first service there is no fluid change.Only visualinspection + retorqing of the drive shaft bolt.
I Imagen they will try to replace the wiper blades and the cabin air filter.
The 2nd service is the same + oil change.
What is your experience?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
My dealer twice tried to get me to buy a cabin air-filter and engine air-filter at drastically inflated prices. I declined both.

·
Registered
112 Posts
First service, just inspection & tire rotation, no charge.
2nd service, oil/filter change, cabin air filter replace, written up as an invoice totaling $104, but they did not charge me for it! Cabin filter would have been $27 (list price $46). 0w-20 oil listed at 3.33/qt.x6=$19.98

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine has covered first few schedule regular maintenance visits completely, no charge, no extra sales pitches or gimmicks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
... Only visualinspection + retorqing of the drive shaft bolt.
What is your experience?
I do believe I can be 75% accurate if not higher by sharing below, as you have asked, "experience":
- their Visual inspection, "Ah! all looks good, nothing is missing or falling off" - Done!
- Retorque Drive shaft bolts (if the technician has a torque wrench), LOL, sure! - Done!

My past experience dealing even with the best dealership, it has been there is always one of those noob or don't care technician (the bad apple)... So, DIY DIY DIY if you possibly able to... Cabin filter, unless you park under trees a lot and drive on dusty roads, otherwise, the cabin filter most likely can be just gently vacuum cleaned and continue using it; as for the wiper refills at 10k miles that is for you to decide (just because the dealer recommends, doesn't mean you need to replace them yet). Sincerely.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 19 HLL is only weeks old but I would like to prepare mentally for the dealership experience.
I know @ first service there is no fluid change.Only visualinspection + retorqing of the drive shaft bolt.
What is your experience?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,428 Posts
Listen to the dealership, then don't do what they ask. Not much else to it. Having the knowledge to make your own choices is important and that is how you don't get ripped off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your inputs.
Suprised to read many of you in the US had no charge maintenance done at the dealer.I wonder about the reason behind it.Perhaps the negotiated or lack of it purchase price was higher to cover some of the maintenance cost.?
No such generosity up here!
Only at the flu shot clinic.(free)

·
Registered
83 Posts
If any of you guys ever want to change your own cabin filter, it takes about 2 minutes and this one on Amazon is $7 ( not an affiliated link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RRB4J1X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) . The filter is behind the glove box and you just aside the damper on the right side of the box then slide the glove box out. I did this the other day :)

I rarely go the dealership for maintenance stuff unless it's a major repair. Those are typically expensive so my own experiences haven't been great. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts