Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I thought I would share my first problem with my new 07'CAMRY that I encountered today to look for feedback and advise, so here it is:

Yesterday afternoon after enjoying my new car a full week, I went to the gas station to fill up the tank. I got premium gas what cost me around 45.00 here in NY to fill up the tank. My tank was pretty empty!!!!!! Anyway, about an hour later after getting gas I noticed that the sound of the engine while driving was a lil louder and that when you start of from a total stop that the car took longer to accelerate than normal as well as you felt like a big push-kinda felt like the car was jumbing gears or something but I really didnt think of anything cause I was close to my house and I thought that I might pressed the gas pedal a lil too hard so I let it go. Last night then, I went to pick up my girlfriend from school and the car did do the same jumbing and vibration again when you started of from a total stop. After a lil while driving the car and taking of a stop again, the car pushed-jumped really hard and the check engine light came on as well as the VSC warning light and the display started showing "CHECK VSC SYSTEM". Now, I am on I-95 going 40mph and I cant go any higher cause the enigine is louder, the rpm are going high and low.

To be continued.................................

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Very curious as to which motor????

I-4?

V-6?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CONTINUE.......................

and I cant accelerate cause everytime I give a lil more gas, the car keeps jumping again-kinda like losing power or skiping gears, that is kinda how it feels for me. Well I got home safe pulled the car in the garage and was hoping that this might reset on his own over night so this morning I got it the car and went to work and again, all the warning lights are on and the car again is jumping. So I called the dealership, and guys let me tell you. Finding help from toyota on a Saturday is a nightmare. I called the dealership around 8.15am and my service rep picked up and I told him the whole story. He wanted me to stop by next thursday to get it checked out. I got upset and demanded that I need someone to check the car today but without any success. The earliest toyota could check out the car is tuesday morning. I got upset at him that this shouldnt be and that it's a new carr and I already have this issue but again, he didnt wanted to help me today cause he didnt had any service people there only the staff for parts. Well, after me telling him everything that has happend he tried blaming the gas that I put in the car and saying that The gas might have been bad but at the same time he also is mentioning that this might not be covered under warranty.........In the mean time he couldnt even tell me what I should do cause I was on my way to work and I needed to know if I should continue driving or should I leave it standing until Tuesday etc....................Well, after my unsuccesful attempts having toyota look at the car today I called the gas station that I got my gas from yesterday to see if the y had anyone else complaining about their gas and of course they said that I'm the only one that has a issue and that there gas is ok................So, I really dont know what to do right now cause toyota was not a help at all, I did get back home and decided not to drive the car until tuesday when i bring the car for a check up but I'm also worried that toyota will blame this incident on my getting bad gas what I still dont even know if it really was bad.

Does anyone has any advise out there for me and Yes, I did check the fluids already to make sure. Matter of fact, I brought thte car to a mechanic at work who then connected the car to his little handheld mashine and he said that there could be a chance that there was dirt and dust stored in the gas tank and is now hanging on the filter or that there was too much water in the fuel t hat i got yesterday and he also mentione dthat this might could reset until tomorrow morning.

Guys, I'm really upset cause I'm getting a run around from my dealership and they are not willing to help and this is my third toyota that I bought from them.

Help anyone

Thank you

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
My first piece of advice would be to disconnect the battery for about an hour (if possible) and let the ECU reset.

See if that does anything for it.

Also...........interesting you say this about the V-6 'cuz I noticed some peculiar happenings w/ the V-6 last night. First thing I noticed was that (unlike the I-4) there's a slight hesitation when taking off from a stop in the V-6..........(unless the V-6 I drove last night was a fluke).........and it also had some peculiar shifting habits at speed when trying to accelerate. I noticed a "jump" last night that almost freaked me out but the sales guy didn't say anything about it so I didn't bother.

Anyway........just a weird observation that makes me wonder.......(hmmm).

·
Formerly Mad Scientist
263 Posts
Is there another Toyota dealership close to you that you can try? You don't necessarily have to go to the one you bought from. Anyways, this does sound bad. I have a feeling that by chance you got a little something extra in your gas. Using fuel injector cleaner like Techron may or may not solve your problem. But I'm no expert, and continuing to run the engine could do more harm. Hopefully someone else can give you a better opinion.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See, it's a good that you mentioned this cause there is a small hesitation when to hit the gas and the jump. Exactly how you described it it's happening. This happen to me even before this incidet last night but I really didnt thought of anyhting bad, just thought that I might hit the gas to hard and that is why the hesitation and the jump but after last night it is wors then it was before. Strange that the sales person didnt say anthing or expalined it to you!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did try another dealership already but again, without any success. No toyota place really wants to be helpfull on the weekend and not just that, the second place that I called was really rude and wanted to refer me to another dealership what would be further away.
New York Toyota service sucks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Well, definitely try unhooking the battery & see if that helps!!

Oh, another trick, is that you can turn on the headlight switch when you do that to drain the reserve power in the ECU more quickly. However, I dunno if this will work with your '07 as I believe the headlights are kinda' electronically controlled & might power off themselves anyway.

But if it *does* work, you could leave the battery unhooked for a couple minutes only & accomplish the same thing. If you try that, rehook the battery & it still does it, then ditch the headlight idea and just unhook the battery for a solid hour & that should ensure a reset.

Good luck!! Sorry this is happening to you!! It shouldn't be!!! :disappoin

·
TN Pussy Man
13,302 Posts
your sales rep is bullshitting you when he said that toyota warrantee won't cover the problem

you just drove it off the lot, and the toyota bumper-to-bumper warrantee is top notch and will fix everything that's a major component in the car including electronics, and the engine most definately is :hammer:

even if you only had the powertrain warrantee it would be covered

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2,083 Posts
If the dealer keeps bullshittin you, call the "Big Toyota". The boss of all bosses. Here is the number I called before to get issues with my intake manifold on my Gen 5 addressed.

1-800-331-4331

Hope this helps. If not, I personally don't know enough about car mechanics to tell you what the problem is but to me it sounds like the car itself and not the gasoline. Especially since the guy on the other post claimed to have the same problem with his V-6. Be persistent and someone (Toyota) will fix your car. I mean you just bought it. Good luck.

·
Registered
482 Posts
MOST dealers only perform services on saturday. thats why he was bsing you. take it to another dealer if they upset you. most shifts are from monday-friday or tuesday-sat. thats why he wants you to bring it in on tuesday. how far from jersey are you? maybe i can help :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sounds like a fuel issue to me. It could have water in it, but it sounds like what happens when you run a tank too far down and put gas in it. Anything that's in the tank gets stirred up and enters the fuel system. I wouldn't expect this of a new car, usually nothing that major accumulates in the tank for like 5 years...

I'd check your fuel filter while waiting for the service department to take a look. As I recall the fuel filters aren't that hard to get at on Camrys. My sister had a similar problem with her Buick LeSabre, only it was bad enough that the car didn't even want to start. We disconnected the battery and changed the fuel filter and it's been running without any problems ever since.

If you don't want to get your hands dirty, then for sure have Toyota check it out. And don't let them give you any shit about it not being under warranty, it's a brand new car.

1 - 20 of 950 Posts